Remember me
Lost Password Register

The Grace Channon 5/23/09
05-24-2009, 05:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-24-2009, 05:07 AM by matt t..)
The Grace Channon 5/23/09
Yesterday we had a great 30 minute dive on the Grace Channon. Being my first dive on the wreck there was a lot to see, and excellent conditions with a flat calm surface and 50+ feet of visibility on the wreck. Water temp was 37 on the bottom warming up to 42 for our 23 minute 20 ft stop. I dove with John F., and Todd dove with Doug (dab) who came over from Michigan. Art and Dustin came up from Ill. to fill out the group. Today we're heading out to the Willie and Dredge for some more dives.
05-24-2009, 03:57 PM,
Re: The Grace Channon 5/23/09
Great dive...much better than today....  The weather forecast called for 1-2 footers and we are graced with the presence of solid 2-4 with the occasional 5 foot roller...  It's been awhile since I've dove with a "bit of chop".  Sure makes getting in and out interesting.  Good thing it was only the Willy today.
05-24-2009, 05:49 PM,
We had pretty much the same conditions out of Port Washington. Yesterday it was like glass. We did a couple on the Northerner but today we motored down to the Niagara and called it a day shortly before we got to the buoy as it got progressively worse the farther North we went. There were even a few 6 footers along the way. That sure got everyone off the bow pretty quick.
05-24-2009, 07:30 PM,
Wow, sounds like I picked the right day to dive  ;D

The Grace was a nice wreck. I've never seen so many deadeyes, the pair of big anchors, and all the rigging still on the wreck. Always fun in the company of great divers as well.