Remember me
Lost Password Register

Wazee 5/16
05-17-2009, 07:26 AM,
Wazee 5/16
Fourth trip of the season to beautiful Lake Wazee. Nice day, a little on the windy side at least above water ;D.
Also cool, but that does make gearing up in a drysuit more comfortable. I dove from the site nearest the shallow platform on the west side.
Got 2 very nice dives in, vis seems to be improving. Nice around the platform, then kind of crappy from around 40ft to around 80ft or so, just a guess. Thermocline  at about 30ft. 40 degrees at depth.
Lots of suckers swimming around in shallower water. Would much rather see the smallmouth the the suckers. In the shallower water also saw a nice walleye. But on the strange side(at least to me) I was swimming along at 150ft when I spotted something, a fish? So I swam towards it, sure enough it was. A walleye at 150ft and alive. Never thought I would see a walleye at these depths.
Al
05-17-2009, 10:29 AM,
Re: Wazee 5/16
We were there yesterday on the north side by the wall. At the end of our first dive coming up by the deeper fish cribs I saw a variety of nice sized fish. Probably the most I've seen there in quite a while. It was a nice day after the sun came out. To bad about the wind, but you can't have everything I guess. Funny with all of the complaining from the county that they still haven't opened the entry shack or even provided envelopes to collect divers fees  ???. We had to wrap the little slip around our $$$ and hope it stayed together in the slot........
05-17-2009, 08:46 PM,
Re: Wazee 5/16
HAHA, I borrowed one from the camping reg...... But I found it funny that you had to force the envelope into the slot as it was too full to work properly!