Remember me
Lost Password Register

Amy Slate's Amoray Resort in Key Largo
05-18-2009, 10:03 AM,
Amy Slate's Amoray Resort in Key Largo
Has anyone ever stayed at this resort?  My wife and I are looking to take a trip to Key Largo in Jan. and found this place on the web.  Any information about the rooms, there diving trips or anything else would be appreciated.  We are only doing a four day trip and looking to keep costs down.  Thanks for any help.
05-18-2009, 12:08 PM,
Re: Amy Slate's Amoray Resort in Key Largo
My husband and I stayed there last July.  It is not the Plaza but It is a nice place, clean rooms. Our room had a small kitchen, with a small fridge and microwave coffee pot.  The DM's were all very nice and helpful.  I would stay there again.  They have certain days they to the wrecks Duane, Spiegel Grove etc.... and I think they required at least AWO or you have to pay for a guide.
Have fun!

Tammy
05-18-2009, 04:29 PM,
I had a great time diving with them several years ago.  They had a good operation.

Doug
05-21-2009, 10:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-21-2009, 11:02 PM by TLPauls.)
I stayed at this resort just last month for a couple of days with my family. I is a nice resort and the people there are nice as well. The only thing that I didn't like was that they will not go out if the weather is windy or not perfect. We missed a day of diving because of this.

I was down there in February as well and that was my first time down there. I stayed at Marina Del Mar and went out with Ocean Divers which docks right there at the hotel. Ocean Divers does a nice job as well and will go out even if the weather is not perfect. Since it was my first time down there I booked a later dive with Amoray and they sent me back to Ocean Divers because of windy weather. We went out that day with Ocean Divers and dove on the Spiegel Grove and the conditions were a little wavy but other than that great.

Next time I go back with out the family I will stay at Marina Del Mar and dive with Ocean Divers just because Amoray seems a little to cautious. The hotel is reasonable, clean and has a great breakfast included. It also has a couple of fun bar and restaraunts within walking distance as well as the original African Queen Boat.

FYI, I ride a 2005 Ultra Classic
05-22-2009, 10:51 AM,

Thanks for the info.  I think we are leaning toward this resort because the cost is a little cheaper than the others.  This is a quick trip for us and we are trying to do it at a low cost.  It will be our first time to the Keys, so we are looking for an inexpensive but quality trip.

04 Road King for me.
05-25-2009, 09:12 PM,
Have a good time, I'm sure you will enjoy the resort and crew.