Remember me
Lost Password Register

Good Weekend
05-04-2009, 03:30 PM,
Good Weekend
Group of us (Dennis, Herb, Randy, Cyril and I) got out on Saturday and dove the Crane. Sub-floats are still on but no surface floats. Didn't have one along to put on. Viz only OK (30 feet or so) and water is still  only 35. Herb and I both had a glove leak which made the deco no fun at all. On the way back we stopped at the Baldwin and put the state buoy on,so the dredge and Baldwin are now both buoyed for the season with only the Hinton to go for the Manitowoc area. Yesterday Herb and I, with Candy along for the ride (still too clod for her) dove the Home. Based on the amount of crud on the down line I'm assuming this was the first dive on it this year. Surface float made it through the winter, as did the one on the Floretta (we checked). Viz was very good, could see the wreck from 90 feet. Leaks fixed but still mighty chilly at 36 degrees.
Gary
05-04-2009, 03:38 PM,
Re: Good Weekend
Glad you guys had a good weekend of diving- I can't wait to get out on the Lakes but 36 is still cold.  Think I'm finally getting old enough that I will have to install a suit heater this season!  We missed you and Dennis at the mine again this weekend.  The regular gang was all there and everyone was certain that you were going to drive over at least for one of the days of diving!  I guess that was probably your "blow out" plan. 
05-05-2009, 06:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-05-2009, 06:19 AM by dive1dennis.)
Re: Good Weekend

I originally planned to do the mine dive with you guys, but I double booked and something had to give. The past two weekends were Heart-A-Rama, a volunteer fundraiser that I have worked at for years. The show was great and is always a good time, I could not get away for either weekend. I would have preferred to dive in the nice warm 40 something water but had to 'settle' for a morning dive with Gary, Herb, Cyril & Randy! ;D

I hope that you do another weekend dive at the mine, I will try to make the next one!

Dennis
Dennis