Remember me
Lost Password Register

What Glove do you use inside your drygloves?
01-27-2004, 08:54 AM,
What Glove do you use inside your drygloves?
My cheapie Wal-Mart wool gloves are starting to wear out on me already and I need to pick up some new gloves to use w/ my Dry Gloves.

What is a good warm glove to wear inside of your drygloves? The circulation in my hands isn't the best so I'm looking for something warmer than just the thin wool ones I always used.
01-27-2004, 10:17 AM,
Re:What Glove do you use inside your drygloves?
I like to use a thin polypropylene liner underneath rag wool gloves. Works pretty well for me all the time.

Todd
01-27-2004, 10:26 AM,
I have big hands and long fingers so the rag wool bunched up too much for me and got really tight inside the XXL Altas Gloves.

To combat this, I wear Patagonia polar fleece gloves and I've been pretty happy with them. I tried some cheaper fleece gloves from Fleet Farm, but the seams were way to bulky to get inside the dry gloves.

The Patagonia gloves are finished much better. I think they were around $20 and I heard that the really cool dive shop in Point, Divepoint Scuba, is now a Patagonia dealer Wink.
01-27-2004, 10:29 AM,
Thanks for tips. I've tried using thin gloves under the wool but things just start getting bulky then. I've got a hard time cramming all that into the glove and then I can't grab onto my bolt snaps too well. I might have to look into the Patagonia thing...especially at the cool dive shop Smile
01-27-2004, 03:54 PM,
MMMMM.....cool diveshop....MMMMM.....Point Brewery......MMMMM....ROADTRIP!!! Two birds with one stone!
01-27-2004, 05:53 PM,
I use Todd's system, but then again my choices are limited as my hands are big. I think that you have noticed the battle I have getting my hand through the ring.

I am interested in anything thin to use. Suggestions?

Doug
01-27-2004, 06:18 PM,
I ofund a pair of rag wool gloves with thinsulate lining on the inside of them at a ski shop one time. I wore them ,a nd sewed them back together, until htere was nothing left. they were the best glove liners I ever had. I haven't found another pair since.

Now I use the polypro glove liner with the fleece gloves over them.

The waremest gloves I ever owned were those 3-finger mitts that Viking makes- the heavy duty ones. They even came with the foam gumby mitt liners. THe only problem, besides the expense, was that I couldn't put them on by myself- a prerequisite for all of my dive gear.

Jon
02-02-2004, 12:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-02-2004, 12:49 AM by WIdiver_Paul.)
I like to use these really thin viking liner gloves made I think by Viking- they look like the old silver "Michael Jackson glove" underneath fingerless Wool/Cotton gloves. The wool overgloves are long and thick enough to allow the dry gloves on my Viking ring system to equalize, but if I have to pop off one of the drygloves it won't be a catastrophic flooding in the suit. It works nicely that my hands stay warm, but still have that touch sensation that you lose if you wear one or more layers of thicker full-finger gloves. If you don't want to use fingerless overgloves you could also trim away an old pair of socks to get that dryglove equilisation - see - straws and tubes are just a pain and don't work as well as this!