Remember me
Lost Password Register

UP Michigan diving?
04-30-2009, 09:23 AM,
UP Michigan diving?
I will be moving up to michigan in late July or early August and am wondering what there is to dive up there?  I will be going to gogebic college for ski area management and would rather not travel too far from the Huley/Ironwood area.  So if theres any quarries that are up in the vicinity worth diving id love to know about them
04-30-2009, 09:41 AM,
Re: UP Michigan diving?
Fortune pond is that way.  Over by Crystal falls.  There are some private spots with old mine shafts to explore" with proper training"  get to know the locals an your in like flint.  Tons of opportunity up there
04-30-2009, 05:47 PM,
Fortune Pond is a ways from Ironwood, but worth the trip.  Lots of good lakes in the region and wrecks in Chequamegon Bay.  Pink Fins can probably give you even more ideas of places to go.  You are only an hour from Minocqua and there is plenty of good diving there.  Trout Lake. Sparkling Lake, Crystal Lake to name a few.

Really heaven up there.

Doug
05-01-2009, 03:58 PM,
I have to agree with Doug.  Lots of good diving around the area.  You might have
to drive an hour but ...that"s the way it is.

Great dive shop in Woodruff  ....Timber Bay

Doug,  we never made it up to fortune pond last year.  But will let you know this summer as soon as we know.
Plan onstaying overnight at a cheap motel.  We found one.

gail
(Planing my first dive of the season on Sunday(May3) is the weather god is happy ;D
05-01-2009, 05:21 PM,
A run to Fortune Pond sounds good.  Keep me posted.

Doug
05-02-2009, 08:15 AM,
thanks for all the info i guess it might not be so bad up there after all i dont mind driving an hour or so.  You have to drive that from wisconsin rapids for good diving anyway fortune pond looks pretty fun id never heard about it before