Remember me
Lost Password Register

Differant ideas for a harness.
05-03-2009, 09:02 PM,
Differant ideas for a harness.
Hello,

With my experience today I am wondering if I can find a few solutions that others may have tried or some options.

I will try to describe this the best I can ( so please be patient ). - just for conversations sake - 80ft. - my dry suit was pretty well compressed. This left my tanks floating or I guess loose more then normal, at least from my previous dives in shallower waters .. .they just seemed to travel around more and felt further away from my body at times. I do understand the compression of my suit the deeper I go.

How could I draw them in closer to my body as needed ?

My harness is 2in. webbing all one piece. I am very very happy with that part. I am not committed to that though, I just really really really like that setup.

So with that being said.. . I am all ears =) and ready for some feedback.

Thank you all so much in advance for you replies.

Lake Wazee was a blast today !!

Jeff
05-03-2009, 09:40 PM,
Re: Differant ideas for a harness.
Hi Jeff,

Do you have a crotch strap rigged for your doubles and harness?

Your dry suit is straight rubber IIRC - not a neoprene that might compress more with depth, right? Might need to find a more middle ground between harness tightness vs. dry suit squeeze.

As I was doing meaningless crap tasks around the house (e.g. changing the oil in the snow blower and putting it away), I was thinking that somebody must be up at Devils Lake or Wazee having fun.
05-04-2009, 06:55 AM,
Re: Differant ideas for a harness.
Well......you could tighten up your harness. First make sure that it's fitted properly to start with , and then you could tighten it up once you get to depth. I always tighten my waist strap as I'm descending on a dive.