Remember me
Lost Password Register

can't wait to get in the water
01-24-2004, 06:08 PM,
can't wait to get in the water
i can not wait to get in the water agine! last time i dove was over thanksgiving weekend. i would even settle for a pool. what about you guys?
01-24-2004, 06:29 PM,
Re:can't wait to get in the water
I feel your pain. I haven't been in since new years day. But fear not! Ice diving season is upon us and if your not certified, most of the local shops are running classes. Its alot more fun then you may think if you haven't tried it.

Jim
01-24-2004, 08:53 PM,
i am going ice diving at the end of feb. but, that is not soon enough! :-\
01-24-2004, 10:19 PM,
I've spent the past couple of weekends spearfishing in the Madison lakes.

I also get in the water once, or twice, a week playing underwater hockey.

Today I was in the pool for a little more than 2 hours video taping swimming techniques for the local master's swim team. It seams that they're getting ready for a meet and one of the team members plays hockey with me and wanted some footage.

Anything that gets you wet to make it through the winter. ;D
01-25-2004, 08:14 AM,
If you can't wait till the end of Feb., join me for the ice dive couse this coming weekend at Devil's Lake.
01-25-2004, 09:26 AM,
Four Lakes Scuba, a club in Madison, also has an ice dive going on this weekend.

Plus, the Len-Der runs charters out on Lake Michigan all winter long- first and thrid Sundays. They can break through a couple of ice without a problem and once you get out a mile, or so, the lake is always clear.

The best vis I have ever seen in Lake Michigan- 85' meausered horizontal with a tape measure- was on the Willy in February.

Jon
01-25-2004, 11:15 AM,
i wanted to get out on lake michigan this winter. do you need an ice diving speciatly card? i wont have mine until the end of feb. i all so read that you need a redundant air source, a pony, which i dont have. i probly should invest in that some time soon. what is the water temp like out on lake michigan this time of the year on the willy? not much different than it is most of the time i would think, i had some pretty cold dives out there this summer and one really warm one. i think it was 50 @ depth once.

carrie
01-25-2004, 11:26 AM,
You don't need an ice diver card because the water is open.

You do need a drysuit. Most people have redundant air sources- H-valves, pony bottles, or doubles. That part isn't absolutly required, but a very good idea to have along.

Jon
01-25-2004, 12:40 PM,
i have the dry suit just not the redundant air source. arr.... i want to get in the water! ;D
01-25-2004, 07:33 PM,
Got an extra reg? 8) I'll bring mine for ya on the 1st of Feb. Lender has a 9:00AM run superbowl Sunday. Call and see if there is still room and let me know. I can bring down a 30 with mount that will go on easy. You would need a reg. I have extras but am uncomfortable lending them out.