Remember me
Lost Password Register

Pike Lake?
04-22-2009, 10:20 AM,
Pike Lake?
I live in Hartford, WI and am interested in diving Pike Lake sometime, but I don't know anything about it. Has anybody heard anything... depth, viz, land or boat entry, interesting sights? Please let me know.
04-22-2009, 02:24 PM,
Re: Pike Lake?
I have been out on Pike Lake just once. For the most part the lake doesn't have allot of interesting features. The usual plant growth and some fish make it interesting. Out of the Reef Point isn't a bad place to look for bottles and anything else people have lost over the side. For the most part I would say you are looking at a boat dive but you can access off two landings on the west side and the state park on the east side. Later in the year the lake gets pretty green so early is better.
04-22-2009, 05:49 PM,
I did a shore dive in Pike Lake in April of 2007 from the state park on the East side. It was very shallow. My dive was over 40 minutes and my max depth was only 14 feet. The wind was stirring it up pretty good that day reducing vis in the shallows down to nothing. If I had to do it again from shore, I would try it from the bar on the West side where the drop off is steeper.
05-31-2009, 04:15 PM,
Wow, I tried to do a shore dive today at the east end by the park, that was terrible. Water was 5 feet deep, and really, really silty. Couldn't find a patch of water deep enough to dive in.  Boat dive or off the west side would be the way to go. I heard that there are Gar in the lake that are neat to see. Maybe another day.