Remember me
Lost Password Register

Bring on the Diving Season - Pitz Dredge Today
04-18-2009, 01:27 PM,
Bring on the Diving Season - Pitz Dredge Today
Gary D., Dean S. and I dived the McMullen & Pitz dredge today!  It was a great day; the lake was calm at <1ft chop, the water temp was a balmy 35 degrees top to bottom and the visibility was great, an easy 60ft. Gary and I did a 42 minute dive. It sure feels good to be back out on the big pond!  ;D

We also installed the State buoy on the dredge. The diving season is officially on!

Dennis
Dennis
04-18-2009, 06:54 PM,
Re: Bring on the Diving Season - Pitz Dredge Today
Did English Lake.  Woulda went if you needed a 4th.  How was the viz?  Heard 50+.
04-27-2009, 06:11 PM,
Hey Dennis,
Good to see you made a thru the winter! well the lake looks a bit sick today! 3+" rain & MSD will do that,well hope to get to dive with you this year again,been a while,Doing the Badger Shore line cruise?
Brad
04-28-2009, 11:31 AM,
Hey Brad,
We did not get out this past weekend. It was more due to wind and rain. I don't think that the MMSD stuff makes it this far north!

Shorline cruise would be fun, I'll let you know. So, is your boat in the water yet?

Dennis

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   PICT0331.JPG (Size: 56.94 KB / Downloads: 149)
Dennis
04-28-2009, 06:43 PM,
boats selling out quick, get your tickets soon! our whole darn dive group is going  hope they don't try to make it a new attraction up that way that's for divers underwater that is!!
Boat will be done in a week or so, new engine is sitting in shop,
I have to take a week off to get  a mental regrouping done prior to my summer kick in full swing work and well the dive season!! and heck a trip to Florida spring country is in order!! cant get blown off there! maybe flooded off!! my youngest son is going to wrap up his C card cert in the confines of 72 Deg water VS well you know what we have up here!
let me know if you take the cruise, I will by ya a beer! and introduce you to a fabulous group of divers from down my way,
Brad 
04-29-2009, 12:22 AM,
How does this wreck compare to the 906 Dredge in Milwaukee? I've always had an interest in visiting it, but it hasn't worked out for me yet.
04-29-2009, 04:54 PM,
Gee,
IMO,,,,,,
Its much better its up right,intact,and well vis most times 50'+ its a great  2nd dive after the W.B. Allen!
Brad
04-30-2009, 06:39 AM,

Hi Matt,
I don't think the Pitze dredge is as big as the 906, but it is upright so you don't have to explore underneath like the 906. It has a steam boiler, control levers, workbenches, lots of levers, cable drums, other stuff you would expect on a river dredger. It has a steel structure and spuds that come up to about 50ft, 75 to the bottom, a nice comfortable depth!

Dennis
Dennis