Remember me
Lost Password Register

Wazee 2009 Rules
04-17-2009, 12:19 PM,
Re: Wazee 2009 Rules
How do you get a season pass and how much is it?  I plan to be up there a few times this year.
Life's Short, Dive Hard
04-17-2009, 12:35 PM,

When you fill out your entry form, check the box for yearly pass and include a check for $75.  They mail you a pass.  I think the vehicle pass is an additional $20.
04-19-2009, 06:56 PM,
A little light on the subject!

A few years ago I asked the assistant park administrator Jon to give out free passes to instructors bringing classes to Wazee Lake. I explained the benefits of this and he agreed. He intern had to sell this to about six or seven county board members, which was not easily done. They did go along with it and this did get some new instructors using the lake.

This past winter Jon said he was going to do away this program because of some instructors showing up at the lake only to complain about having to fill the roster. I pleaded with him to keep it in force and try to come up with a way to make it work. So by adding the DOB of students would be a way I could help him check that the students got certified. (as if I have time for this) I believed it would keep them MORE honest. This system does require a little time for the instructor to fill out buy is totally up to the inst. If you don't want to put the time in, no problem just pay the fee and don't complain about it.

This years ice social brought in about 30 divers that did have a great day of diving. We had taken pictures of the event and posted them in our local paper so our locals know how big ice diving really is here at Wazee Lake. The lady that keeps track of the park fees called and questioned the number of divers I reported in the artice because it did not come close to the dive fees that were collected that day. (so yes, there were some honest divers) I explained that allot of the divers that were there that day I do know buy annual passes and will eventually pay. Then I sent out an email to remind everyone that this needed to be done. Most have done so with some ignoring this.

If you have some good ideas to help make Wazee Lake a better place to dive, call 715-284-8475 (co. park office) and ask for Jon. He is a good listener and wants to keep the divers coming, as I do.   

Hope this helps!