Remember me
Lost Password Register

Time For New Moderators?
03-25-2009, 06:46 PM,
Time For New Moderators?
Just curious.....

Now that Deep Blue has been closed and I have not heard much from anyone from those stores, does anyone else think that it might be time for new moderators on the board? I think that we need active members to either be elected or volunteer for the positions currently held by the inactive Deep Blue moderators.

Thoughts?
Thanks Much and Dive Safe,<br /><br />Mike Bernard<br />Mobile Divers LLC<br />(715) 482-8919<br />www.mobilediversllc.com<br /><br />
03-25-2009, 07:11 PM,
Re: Time For New Moderators?

Hey Mike if you want my job take it.  I did not realize that you would feel the need to point me out like this but hey if you can do a better job it is all yours.  I did and do my job as a moderator because I love the sport of diving and love the diving community.  I can also sit back and moderate only when needed.  Your perceived involvement or lack of I think is speculation and perhaps for ones own benefit.  I see several moderators listed that are not active but again if you want it let Jason know and I am sure he will be happy to pass the baton on to someone you feel maybe more worthy of carrying it.
03-25-2009, 07:30 PM,
Hello Rich,

I am not trying to push you out of the way by any means, but I am just making an observation based solely that "Deep Blue" was still the name on some of the moderator titles. I did not know that you are still watching the board and are still an active moderator. I have not heard anything from Deep Blue, Larry, or you since Deep Blue has closed and made the assumption that some of the threads were still going and not being looked at by an appointed moderator. I am not trying to say that you have not been doing your job or that I would like to have it. I think that if you are still watching the threads that you moderate and also watch the "Deep Blue" threads, that is great! I feel then that this topic really go no farther since we all have found out that you are still around and are watching the board.
Thanks Much and Dive Safe,<br /><br />Mike Bernard<br />Mobile Divers LLC<br />(715) 482-8919<br />www.mobilediversllc.com<br /><br />
03-25-2009, 07:33 PM,
Talk about a coincidence. Today I sent a p.m. to Jason Baker to close out my drysuit thread the for sale area. I also mentioned the lack of some of the moderators participating on the board. I haven't seen a post by Garret or you Rich in quite a while. I assumed (wrongly I guess) that you were no longer interested. I have NO interest in the job, but I would like to welcome you back and hope that you will take a more active role on the board  Wink. Hope to hear from you soon!
03-25-2009, 07:43 PM,
Thanks for the welcome back, but honestly I have not gone anywhere.  I have been sitting back watching the board and cleaning them up when needed.  I just cannot wait for the summer to get in the water and blow off some steam! 
03-25-2009, 08:34 PM,
Hi Rich,
Nice to see you post on the board and not just lurking.  Fortunately this board rarely needs to be moderated.
It is good to see you being active.  I do think that "Rich" should be the single account and replace the 2 - dpblue, since (1) I believe Deep blue is no longer and (2) multiple accounts and sock puppets get confusing.