Remember me
Lost Password Register

Scuba Training Voluteers for at-risk youth program - Kenosha
03-23-2010, 10:04 AM,
Scuba Training Voluteers for at-risk youth program - Kenosha
Kenosha, WI is the site for a 2010-11 mentoring/scuba program which is solely targeted at "nominated" at-risk teens from the local school system.  Currently, S.T.A.R.S. (Scuba Training At Risk Students) has been running since 2005 in suburban Chicago, with new expansions in metro Chicago and Florida.  This new expansion site in Kenosha brings everything to the table except staff.  Scuba certification is but one of three primary elements delivered to an estimated 30 youth during the 440-hour long program spanning 8 months.  The program compares to a scuba based Outward Bound program on steroids.  The new program will rely on volunteer staff with several perks, including the chance to participate in an international trip with the group next summer.  We are looking for 12-25 staff ranging in experience from instructor to non-diver to help facilitate this 501c3 non-profit program in Kenosha.

For anyone interested (businesses, dive clubs, individuals or social groups) please have them checkout the web site then drop me an e-mail to K.L.Vaughn@att.net for further information. 
03-23-2010, 11:17 AM,
Re: Scuba Training Voluteers for at-risk youth program - Kenosha
Kevin,  I am looking forward to working with you.  I have talked it up with our divemasters and some of our regular customers and have interested individuals.  Keep me posted.

Brian

Diver Dan's Scuba & Aquatic Center
3927-30th Ave.
Kenosha, WI 53144
262-652-9399