Remember me
Lost Password Register

Ice Diving Monona Terrace- Madison
03-10-2009, 12:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-10-2009, 12:42 PM by Tamara Thomsen.)
Re: Ice Diving Monona Terrace- Madison

Monona Terrace is the convention center in downtown Madison. Gorgeous Frank Lloyd Wright-esq building built out over Lake Monona at Law Park.  There is a steep drop off, with rock and rip-rap that attracts lots of fish.  But the coolest part is that because the building is built out over the lake itself, you can actually swim up under the building and between the support pillars.  In times of good viz it has these great long vistas like you would experience during a cavern dive and again you will encounter a lot of fish up under the building too.  It is also a good place for trash hunting.  Found a couple of purses, wallets and really nice crystal glassware from a wedding party or convention on my dives there over the years.

Here is a link to the city's webpage about the building

Please come join us on a dive there sometime- it's one of our favorite Thursday evening dive spots once we get into the season.  Just call us at Diversions Scuba or keep an eye on our calendar (). 

Our dive on Sunday was cancelled BTW, not because of bad ice (there is still 8 in by the shore and 12 in out further), but the wind and rain combination made it just too unpleasant to bother cutting a hole. 
03-10-2009, 03:33 PM,
Re: Ice Diving Monona Terrace- Madison
thanks sounds like a great dive
ill have to join you sometime once the ice gets gone
if only i had the time to get take the ice diver class