Remember me
Lost Password Register

Bonne Terre Mine This Monday- 2/23
02-19-2009, 03:03 PM,
Bonne Terre Mine This Monday- 2/23
I just got word from Richie Kohler that he was able to get approval for rebreather dives in Bonne Terre Mine. We aren't going crazy deep into the mine or anything (likely they'll keep us on the tourist routes) but it's happening this Monday!  So if you have a rebreather and can slip away from work, come join us!  Or even if you don't have a rebreather but want to come for the social side of things, everyone is welcome.  It's also Mardi Gras week in St. Louis and I know that I'm planning on joining in on some of the festivities after the dives. 

Anyway, here's a copy of the post Richie has put up on a few other boards:

All,
Tamara Thomsen and I are playing hooky on Monday Feb 23 (right after working HARD at Our World Underwater) and go diving in Bonne Terre Mine. We will be diving our rebreathers: Tamara on the KISS, me on the EVOLUTION and just plan on some fun dives. If your looking to learn more about sport rebreather diving or just wanna get wet and have fun come on down and join us, the waters warmer then the air, and a day of diving is way better than a day at work!

For more information contact: Bonne Terre Mine (West End Diving) 314-209-7200 or email "Bear" at sfritz@jannx.com
I look forward to seeing a few of you there!
02-20-2009, 05:14 PM,
Re: Bonne Terre Mine This Monday- 2/23
You suck! 

That sounds like an awesome trip.  I need to quit my job, quit working on snowmobiles, and buy a CCR. 

Are you going to drive-and-dive it or actually stay down there for a night?
02-20-2009, 05:32 PM,
Re: Bonne Terre Mine This Monday- 2/23
Ethan-
I know that you are going to find this far out of the normal range for me, but I'm actually going to stay 2 whole nights!  :Smile

Driving down on Sunday after OWU, diving Bonne Terre on Monday during the day, and then there is a rebreather get together at The Great American Diving Company in St. Louis on Monday night. I am actually going to do a little work....going to show a couple of rebreathers and dive computers there. Hoping to actually get a real cave dive in somewhere in Missouri before heading back up to Wisconsin on either Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.

Remember there is that USS Lagarto talk on Wednesday night (7PM) at the Wisconsin Historical Society Auditorium.