Remember me
Lost Password Register

Favorite places to eat.
01-05-2009, 09:21 PM,
Favorite places to eat.
This was sparked by our little discussion/disagreement about places to eat in a different thread.    I now live in La Crosse, which is a far cry from Milwaukee or Madison as far as food choices go.  Here are a few of my favorite places to eat.

Koppa's Fulbeli Deli on Farwell Ave in Milwaukee.  You can eat lunch any day of the week for less than $4, and they make a killer fried peanut butter and Banana sandwich called the "Elvis"

Benji's Deli- Reuben Sandwhiches and a breakfast mess called Hoppel Poppel.

Sil's Mini Donuts and Chicago Hot Dogs.  You have to like a place that has "Wieners for the wasted"

Speed Queen-  mmm...outside shoulder

Maxie's Souther Comfort 

Park Avenue Pizza and Sub Shop- Pewaukee

Butch's Steak House

Eddie Martini's

I'll think of more, I need to get the drool off the keyboard.

01-06-2009, 07:57 AM,
Re: Favorite places to eat.
OOOOHHHHH...Speed Queen!!!  That is some quality BBQ.  Not as good as that little shack on the side of a backroad in "rural" Tennessee but about as close as you are going to get for Wisconsin.  I used to eat there regularly when I worked down there.

Crawdaddy's is pretty damn good too.
01-06-2009, 09:30 AM,
I like the Dog house on Brady st!  Shapiros has exellent pizza.  Best yet is Buffalow wild wings down in oak grove or any where else you can find one.
Jeff
01-06-2009, 09:51 AM,
Macaroni and Cheese with a side of ring balongna at the Old Fashioned in Madison

Bob's Bad Breath Burger at the Weary Traveler in Madison

The fish tacos and the Chimichanga at Tex Tubbs Taco Palace are good too
01-06-2009, 12:47 PM,
The blue plate meatloaf (or anything else) and a pull of Guinness at Slim McGinn's on 1st sound pretty good about now.  If you're near LuLu's, the Mexican place on the corner to the south (Guanajuatro maybe?) has some tasty stuff for a reasonable price.

Mark

Mark Farrell
01-06-2009, 11:39 PM,
Best BBQ in the country has to be at the Warehouse BBQ in Farmington MO (around Bonne Terre)

also the Huddle House and the Shamrock....great food places....

Don't forget the Dogpatch in Munising...
Thanks Much and Dive Safe,<br /><br />Mike Bernard<br />Mobile Divers LLC<br />(715) 482-8919<br />www.mobilediversllc.com<br /><br />
01-07-2009, 03:31 PM,
BBQ,  Pearson's Pig & Poultry in Oshkosh.
DEW &gt;&ltWink)&gt;