Remember me
Lost Password Register

Drinking and Diving
01-10-2004, 09:14 PM,
Drinking and Diving
Just to let you know, I did NOT take this photo. :o

I wonder if this will cause a new group to form?

M.A.D.D.= Mothers against drunk divers Wink

Jon

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   drunk_fish.jpg_thumb (Size: 29.29 KB / Downloads: 0)
01-11-2004, 10:51 AM,
Re:Drinking and Diving
I think that that fish is underage.

If this was taken from the floating sushi cart, they must not have understood who was supposed to get the drink and what was supposed to be eaten.

Doug
01-14-2004, 02:19 PM,
I saw this on Yahoo! News...it almost looks like a fake...it looks like the champagne going into the fish's mouth is waaaaay too solid white.
01-14-2004, 02:26 PM,
Here's the caption that went with it:

WARSAW (Reuters) - Three Polish divers faced a police investigation Thursday for possible illegal fishing and animal abuse after a news photo showed them plying a freshly caught pike with champagne at an outdoor New Year's party.

"They may have committed offences of poaching and maltreating a fish," said Maria Niedziolka of the National Fishing Authority, which notified police of the incident.

The picture in Nowa Trybuna daily showed three frogmen neck-deep in a lake, with one of them tipping a bottle of cheap Russian bubbly into the fish's open mouth.

One of the divers told news agency PAP that they had found the pike half-dead and wanted to "restore it to consciousness by treating it with champagne."

It was not clear whether the fish survived. Police said it would not be needed as evidence in the investigation.