Remember me
Lost Password Register

Underwater Hockey @ Deep Blue
01-16-2004, 03:33 PM,
Re:Underwater Hockey @ Deep Blue
About point 6, do not worry I get that all of the time.

Doug
01-24-2004, 08:07 AM,
Next UW Hockey Night at Deep Blue
Join us at Deep Blue on January 27th at 7:30 PM to play this exciting sport new to the Milwaukee area. We had a great time the first night and at the glove making party last week, now we get to try them out for real.

We will be playing at 8:00 PM at Deer Creek Elementary School and leaving Deep Blue at 7:30 PM. So bring your mask, fins, snorkel and swimsuit and join us. Beginners welcome, the sport is easy to play and fun to learn.

New players are free for their first time playing.
01-28-2004, 04:07 PM,
Had another great game of hockey last night. Big Grin

There were around 15 people, from at least 3 different dive shops, who showed up- a little bit bigger turnout than last time.

It looks like it's going to continue every Tuesday night throughout February and March- we go through the end of April in Madison if that's closer for you.

If other shops, or clubs, are interested in getting a team started, one of the club members on the Madison team is now making sticks, and hopefully pucks, for sale.

You can email him at:
ebb_mart@yahoo.com

It's a great way to have fun, and keep in shape, during the winter months when your not out diving on Lake Michigan, or under the ice. Wink

Jon
01-29-2004, 06:17 AM,
Thanks to everyone for coming on Tuesday night. Especially to the Madison guys for their long drive and sharing their experience and equipment with us.

Even after one week, the play was noticable better, more teamwork, better timing etc. I am hoping for great things from our group and am looking forward to playing for the rest of the spring and then picking up again in Fall.

After the game, we stopped at Roman's pub, which has an excellent selection of microbrews. In fact, they have a website that will keep everyone up to date on what their special are!!!

If you would like to be added to the email list that I send out for underwater hockey, just drop me an email.

02-04-2004, 08:02 AM,
Last night, in Milwaukee, was the biggest night yet- 16 people! It was a very good time and everyone keeps getting better and better every week! ;D THere was also a lot of new gear for everyone to try out- sticks, pucks, fins, snorkels, and masks.

Monday night, in Madison, our numbers were a little down because of the snow storm, only 10 die-hards showed up. Wink

Jon
02-06-2004, 09:03 AM,
Underwater hockey has been such a huge success, I have scheduled EVERY Tuesday night between 8:00 and 9:00 PM at Deer Creek Elementary through the end of April.

If you would like to come on down, all you need are mask, fins, snorkel and a swim suit. (finally, a use for that snorkel that sits in your bag!!!) We have sticks and pucks now for up to 16 players. First timers are free, regular players are just asked for a $5.00 contribution to pay for the pool.

Next Tuesday, I am going to bring my video camera to get some footage of everyone playing. I will also have sample equipment from our underwater hockey package for everyone to try.

It is a great workout, and a heck of a lot of fun, just ask any one of the people that play regularly.

02-14-2004, 07:35 PM,
Everyone,

Here is a video that I made last Tuesday night. Just copy this into your browser and when you get to the page, enter the password hockey. The file is around 7.2 megs, so be patient it is worth it!!!! There are only 20 downloads open, so don't wait too long.

I will be bringing my camera and scuba gear to get lots more video for Ghost Ships next Tuesday, so everyone bring your good suits Wink.

02-15-2004, 01:48 PM,
I've downloaded the video twice and still when I view it, it's all broken up, although the sound is good. the other vids I've downloaded from ibac work fine, I've played with different settings and still can't get it. I wonder if you had a good upload or if there was a problem there?
I'd really like to view it.
Fred
02-16-2004, 06:18 PM,
Fred,

Your computer may be too slow. It is pretty processor and video intensive. On my home machine it works slick, but at my work, it is all broken up as you said. Try running it on another machine.
02-19-2004, 09:50 PM,
I only get 20 downlods per upload and the last one got 20 downloads. Here is the new address. It is a big file, aound 7.2 megs, so if you don't have a faster machine and a high speed connection, you may have some trouble downloading.