Remember me
Lost Password Register

S.S. Wisconsin Talk
10-09-2008, 08:35 AM,
S.S. Wisconsin Talk
Tonight at 7 PM in the Wisconsin Historical Society Auditorium (816 State Street, Madison) I am giving a presentation on the Society's 2007 Survey of the S.S. Wisconsin for the Charles E. Brown Archaeological Society Lecture Series.  The lecture is free and open to the public. 

And for the cherry on top....they serve coffee and snacks!  Big Grin

I know that I am posting this kind of late for those of you that live far from Madison, but if you live in Madison or close to town and are looking for an excuse to come into Madison for an evening, this might be a good reason.  Hope to see you there!
10-10-2008, 08:03 PM,
Re: S.S. Wisconsin Talk
Aw, Come on Tam,  you can tell us you just didn't want a bunch of us "Scary Divers" there!!!  ;D

I love to go down with other divers!
10-10-2008, 08:52 PM,
Re: S.S. Wisconsin Talk
Yeah, I forgot about it until I opened my calendar that morning.  Luckily, I've given this presentation a couple of times before so I had it prepared ahead of time and I'm pretty sure that between Keith and I giving presentations around the state, anyone that wanted to see it has already.  Ethan was actually the last one to give it to the Archaeology Dept. at Universidad Autonoma de Yucatan in Merida, Mexico- and he practiced doing the whole talk in Spanish until he chickened out at the last minute and got a translator!

A bunch of divers from Hoofer's Scuba Club turned up for the talk last night and joined the dirt archaeologists.  It was a pretty good turn out for a Charlie Brown...normally they only get 20. Last night they ran out of coffee and cheesecake early!