Remember me
Lost Password Register

disposible camra ?? still exist
09-11-2008, 03:42 PM,
disposible camra ?? still exist
Hey dude my girlfriend is takin her padi open water class this weekend and the school is lettng me get in the pool with her.  i wanna take pictures of her this weekend but i dont want to buy a really nice camra yet.  i remember seein the disposible camras that go like 50 ft underwater.  where do i get one of them at i looked at walmart,k mart,walgreens, and target.  where else to i go for one of these things.  i need it by saturday someone help please lol.
<br />Toucan Dive <br />Lake villa IL<br />847-356-7826
09-11-2008, 11:22 PM,
Re: disposible camra ?? still exist
If your going in the pool, good luck!

I tried with a Kodak in the Green Bay YMCA pool and everything came out black. :-\
DEW &gt;&ltWink)&gt;
09-12-2008, 05:05 AM,
The disposables are usually good for about 15 feet which is fine for a pool.  Lighting can be tough as indoor light is generally very poor.  You my try looking at dive shops, they may have them.  They're out of season at the Walmarts of the world.  If you had a little more time Leisure Pro or B+H photo on the net may have had something.
09-12-2008, 07:04 AM,
kodak has the good to 50' disposable.. it's 35mm, not digital.. runs around $10 at all the stores you mentioned.. you should have been able to find one.
take a look at this.. I did this with 2 disposables hot glued together.. 3D..

09-12-2008, 07:14 AM,
dude, we have 4 disposable underwater cameras that you can have--free of charge.  If you're interested, let us know.  We plan to be at South Shore Marina tomorrow morning (Saturday Sept 13) around 9:30 am, if you are able to meet us there, we could bring the cameras.....just let us know for sure in case our plans change.  Or, we can try to figure out something else if that doesn't work. 
Divers' Delight Scuba Charter
09-12-2008, 09:21 AM,
yea dude maybe we could meet up tonight.  i went on the internet to alll of them sites and they didnt have anything.  and i really need this camra because im gonna were a pimp hat when i go down
<br />Toucan Dive <br />Lake villa IL<br />847-356-7826
09-13-2008, 06:21 AM,
Most Dive Shops sell a re-loadable (800 speed film) camera with a flash for about $27 or so!  They work pretty good in the lakes too.  But you will get backscatter from the close proximity of the flash to the lens.  Especially where there are suspended solids like algae and silt (the normal stuff that's in the lake and we only see it as making it hard to see very far)
I love to go down with other divers!
09-14-2008, 05:20 PM,
Wallgreens has the Kodak in stock.

The Snap Sights cameras are better than the disposables.  They consist of a cheap reusable camera and housing for ~$25.  And no great loss if they flood.
DEW &gt;&ltWink)&gt;
09-15-2008, 05:45 PM,
I saw the kodaks at target this past weekend.. jeez.. they've gone from less than $10 to like $17.. just like everything I guess.