Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Geneva
09-09-2008, 09:00 AM,
Lake Geneva
Has anyone gone diving in Lake Geneva?  I heard there are a old ship or two down there somewhere does anyone know where or have any pics?  How is the Vis in this lake?? just looking for new areas to dive and was thinking that this lake might be kinda fun?
<br />Toucan Dive <br />Lake villa IL<br />847-356-7826
09-09-2008, 02:41 PM,
Re: Lake Geneva
[font=Verdana][font=Verdana]Although we spend all summer on Lake Michigan, every fall Divers' Delight does a charter to Lake Geneva.
As far as shipwrecks, you can find The Lady of The Lakes and Lucious Newberry (spelling may not be correct).
Besides those 2 wrecks, there is also an old Nash car, a cabin cruiser and a volkswagen.

To the best of our knowledge, shore diving isn't allowed on the lake.
Also, I'm pretty sure that diving isn't even allowed until after Labor Day. 
But I can't swear to it.  It may just be common sense that has us only going there in October.

And you ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY MUST USE A DIVE FLAG!!!
Preferably the type that you can't pull under the water with you.
Many boaters have no idea what a dive flag is, let alone what it means.

If you'd like to join us when we go there in October, shoot me an email.
Or, if you have your own boat and would like GPS numbers, you can email for that as well.
Divers' Delight Scuba Charter
09-09-2008, 03:39 PM,
yea dude let me know i could meet you out there no i dont have a boat but i think that would be a nice dive.  here is my e-mail tduffy84@yahoo.com
09-09-2008, 03:46 PM,
hee hee...Tracy a dude. ;D
09-09-2008, 09:01 PM,
Be nice Mike!  I feel it my duty to always come across as Ralph....that way everyone thinks all the information came from him.  So if I screw something up, they'll think it was Ralph.  Keeps me looking like the brainy one! 

Very observant of you!
See you Tuesday at the meeting......I'll be the one who answers to "dude" haha
Divers' Delight Scuba Charter
09-10-2008, 07:01 AM,
im lost lol so i heard lake geneva wasnt that good of vis i guess im gonna have to check it out myself
09-10-2008, 09:15 AM,

Be advised that Divers Delight hit the nail on the head.  You will need a dive flag there and there is a lot of boat traffic.  Kind of like diving the freeway.  At least in October the viz can be quite good.  Lake Geneva is also boat dive only.  It's worth the effort, but be very careful.
09-10-2008, 10:00 AM,
ok cool thanks for everyting guys i wanna go diving
09-10-2008, 10:21 PM,
The vis isn't bad, just a little dark. I recommend you hook up with Divers Delight when they do their Oct. dive. It will be a good time. You can meet that dude ....Tracy. lol
09-11-2008, 07:33 AM,
Yea im down to go in oct.  i know there are some good bars and alot of women out there lol