Remember me
Lost Password Register

Car Ferry Milwaukee
08-16-2008, 07:10 PM,
Car Ferry Milwaukee
Finally managed to get out diving today.  Life has really been in the way lately :Smile

The thermocline didn't hit until around 90ft so it was 60+ degrees on the wreck and 52 on the bottom.  The price we pay for warm water is poor(er) visibility which was in the 20ish foot range.  Planned/stayed 45 minutes on the wreck, and wished I could have been there all day.  I had a very nice dive.

08-17-2008, 06:34 AM,
Re: Car Ferry Milwaukee
We had those same conditions on the SS Milwaukee on Wednesday. I'm going out of Milwaukee this morning. I was hoping to have good temps again, it sounds like there is a good chance of that.
10-12-2008, 05:56 AM,
Re: Car Ferry Milwaukee
Did 2 nice dives on the Milwaukee yesterday with Shipwreck Adventures and a group from Timber Bay in Minoqua.  We had a slightly bumpy ride out with 1-3 ft waves. Visibility was 30+ depending on where you were on the wreck. Bottom temps were 39-41 (reported 60 last week with 15 ft of vis). Thermocline started at approx 50 ft. The wreck is really falling apart. If anyone hasn't seen it and is interested, you should get out there while there is still something to see besides a pile of pipes, bath tubs, and toilets.