Remember me
Lost Password Register

Door Co.
07-14-2008, 10:42 PM,
Door Co.
Looking for new dive buddies this Saturday to do a shore dive, maybe the Fleetwing, Pebble Beach, or Moonlight Bay.  Need to test and tune my new BC and Dial in my weights.  I'm looking to do something familiar and shallow.  Haven't seen the forcast yet for the weekend, but I need to get wet, Sunday is out for me, family obligations.  I have a float and will travel.

Thanks,
Chris
07-15-2008, 10:46 AM,
Re: Door Co.
Too bad no Sunday!  I'm headed up there on a photoshoot Sunday.  Cute model, french cut shorties!  Hoping to do some video of her snorkeling on the Fleetwing and Cave Point.  ;D
DEW >&ltWink)>
07-15-2008, 11:09 AM,
Please post your work here when finished ;D.
07-15-2008, 03:10 PM,
Yah I second that, I want to see pictures of the fleetwing too. ;D  What is cave point like, I heard there were some wicked currents around that area?  Just found out I may have monday off too, plant shutdown.  My supr. is in canada fishing, so I won't know until Sunday night if I have to work or not. 
07-17-2008, 03:45 PM,
Hey Divers,
I did have a cancellation for this weekend.  So if anyone would like to go out on a charter, there are spots available!  Please call if your interested or have any questions!  Weather is looking too good this weekend to be sitting at the dock, especially after last weekend's wind!

Kathy
Dive Diva Charters, Door County WI
07-21-2008, 10:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-21-2008, 10:36 PM by Dewit2it.)

We didn't get up to the Fleetwing, as I had to run the model back home due to a family emergency.  We did get wet at Cave Point, but the water was a lot murkier than it looked.  30' max.  There was a slight current from the north, and the water level is up a good 2'. The model also had a hard time diving down as she was wearing a 6.5mm Jane under the 3mm jacket.  Man, is it hard to keep up when you have to push the camera sideways thru the water.  But we did find another part of the hull section uncovered of the D.A. Van Valkenburg, so she did get to see a shipwreck.  We saw a few suckers, trout, and alewife.  I even found a new way to do bunny ear shots.(Monty Python would be proud!) ;D  I did one of the shots up as a Deep See ad.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   IMG_2980 edit1 small.JPG (Size: 69.5 KB / Downloads: 173)
.jpg   IMG_3178 edit 2 small.JPG (Size: 88.52 KB / Downloads: 178)
DEW >&ltWink)>
07-22-2008, 03:00 PM,
Nice pics, how were the currents?  We did Pot park on the channel side on saturday, the vis was only about 10 feet @ 30' down and just got worse up top.  The bay is really churned up right now, I talked to some people that did the fleetwing last weekend and said the vis was about the same up there.  The new trans pac worked awesome, extremely happy with it, have to tweak my trim a little though.  Doing a boat dive out of Kewaunee next weekend, I need to get in some clean water so I can work on my bouancy with the new rig.  I crashed in the mud a couple of times.  We did find a danforth anchor, two fishing lures, a really nice sized walleye, and a school of bluegills.

Chris