Remember me
Lost Password Register

Fortune Pond< Crystal Falls,Mi
07-15-2008, 07:17 PM,
Fortune Pond< Crystal Falls,Mi
We plan on diving Fortune Pond in a few weeks, does anyone have a map of the quarry?? I looked online, but couldn'tcome up with a map. We have dove it before, but just lately was told that there is a "road" to follow down. Anyone know the layout???
07-16-2008, 02:35 PM,
Re: Fortune Pond< Crystal Falls,Mi
There is no map that I know of....Yet... But Here are my recommendations on the main dive areas. Once you are in the parking lot, you have two options, left and right. If you go to the left, you will run into the weigh station at about 75ft. Swimming forward you will then hit the training platform that has a line attached to it for any ascents. it will flatten out after a hump just past the platform and you will be at 80 or 90 feet, good dive. If you go to the right, you will have a lot more wall diving. Great dive as well, awesome scenery. If you want to go off of the front, your first drop off will go to about 80 ft, second to about 130ft, and then into the abyss. Either way you go, the pond is always an awesome dive.

Hope that this helps! Have fun diving!
Thanks Much and Dive Safe,<br /><br />Mike Bernard<br />Mobile Divers LLC<br />(715) 482-8919<br />www.mobilediversllc.com<br /><br />
07-16-2008, 03:29 PM,
There was a map of it on here in the past. You may be able to find it if you go through the old posts for Fortune Pond it may be older than a year. Good Luck If I can find my copy I'll let you know
07-16-2008, 10:17 PM,
Jac Jepsom did a map of Fortune Pond a few years ago.  You may try contacting Jac personally or Green Bay Scuba for a copy of his map.
07-22-2008, 08:47 PM,
Thanks for the info, we will use what was posted!! Still would like a map, sometime in the future.