Remember me
Lost Password Register

New to WI-Looking for dive sites in our area
07-08-2008, 05:48 PM,
New to WI-Looking for dive sites in our area
Hello.  My husband and I moved to the Appleton area this Winter from Florida to care for his mother.  I'm a native of Florida (Naples-Everglades) while my husband has "come home".  We're avid divers and are anxious to get wet now that the warmer weather (lol) is here.  Looking for some ideas about where the best diving is around here.  We're making the trip to Red Granite Quarry tomorrow afternoon.  Any ideas on where the best entry/exit locations are and what to look for?  at what depth? temps to be expected? We're planning on wearing full 7mm wet suits with hoods and gloves - is that enough for the temps?  Any suggestions and advice would be very welcome.  Always looking for others to dive with also.
07-08-2008, 07:23 PM,
Re: New to WI-Looking for dive sites in our area
Back by the old pickel factory.  Comming in on 21, go just past the Piggly Wiggly and turn right on Thackery street.  Go straight at the first stop sign, and take a left at the next.  Drive into the gravel lot on your right. 

Get there early, as parking fills up fast.  And lock your doors!

7mm will be fine.  I haven't been there in a while, but I think viz was around 5-10' last I heard.
DEW >&ltWink)>
07-08-2008, 07:33 PM,
Did my first dive there a few weeks ago.  Was fine in 7mm with hood & gloves and found some cool stuff by accident.  Let us all know how it went, I'm hoping to get back there again soon.
07-09-2008, 08:06 PM,
Hi and welcome to Wisconsin!! We plan on diving Lake Wazee in a couple of weeks, that's near Black River Falls. We also dive in the Lohrville Quarry. Send us your email so we can contact you as we live close. beulen@charter.net