Remember me
Lost Password Register

WOMEN! Now you CAN!!!!!!
06-07-2008, 09:09 AM,
WOMEN! Now you CAN!!!!!!
Hey Girls! Now you can join us guys in having P valves!

Wink
DEW >&ltWink)>
06-07-2008, 09:19 AM,
Re: WOMEN! Now you CAN!!!!!!
Beta tested this.  I couldn't get it to seal successfully.  Requires lots of shaving and adhesive.  Then after all that trouble, you have to deal with the after effects of the adhesive. :Smile I know that some girls have gotten it to finally work with moderate success....  I don't want to wet myself when I am obligated to a long deco.  I'm still not sold. 

I have one at the shop (Diversions Scuba) if anyone wants to take a look at it- let me know.
06-08-2008, 02:29 AM,
What kind of sealing issue did you have?  Did you try it with the medical adhesive spray or the adapt paste?

Is is something perhaps those of us who's been using it for a while might be able to help with, or is it more the dislike of shaving and adhesives? 

FWIW, the girls in europe have been using them since mid last year, I ordered mine in january and have been diving it ever since and have not yet peed my drysuit.  I dive between 3-5 times a week so it's not like a case of "in my series of 3 dives".   At last count there are probably > 100 in use worldwide in 18 countries... 

There is a bit of a learning curve but I find it more comfortable than both diapers or the hollister pouch...

For those of you interested in the device but worried about latex sensitivity, the PUR version will be available soon. 

06-08-2008, 07:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-08-2008, 07:28 AM by Tamara Thomsen.)
Welcome to wiscuba, ljj.  I've had mine a while too, it was given to me at DEMA to take through the paces. 

I sincerely gave it a good effort (Yes, more than 3 dives :Smile), but messing with various medical adhesives and complications of complete removal the residual adhesive from a sensitive area- just wasn't for me.  It ended up being alot of effort and in the end I pee-ed my pants every time.  For what it's worth, it was simply too much monkeying around to make this product a part of my everday dive routine. 

If you would like to start a lengthier and more descriptive discussion of my specific issues, feel free to stop by the shop but I never wished for this to turn into a product bashing.  As I suggessed eariler some girls have success with it, I'm glad that you did.... I wished that it worked for me- but it didn't! 
06-08-2008, 07:57 AM,
Maybe the issue is that there should be different sizes for different women...Guy's catheters come in different sizes.  We are not all the same downstairs!~
I love to go down with other divers!
07-14-2008, 08:31 AM,
The Silicone She-P starts shipping on July 25th!!!!

YAY!!!!!!