Remember me
Lost Password Register

The Shoreline Motel and Dive Diva Charters
06-20-2008, 08:46 PM,
The Shoreline Motel and Dive Diva Charters
Hello Divers,

Well, I've put off making this post for a while now.  But word is getting out in the dive community, so I guess it's time that I put the facts out there.

I am very sad to say that the Shoreline Motel is not open this season.  I'm not going to get into the details, but the short story is that the motel is now owned by Associated Bank.  There is hopes that a buyer may still pick it up yet this season and reopen it, but nothing definite yet.

Who is still open for business?  Me!  The bank has given us a lease to use the marina.  So myself, and Capt. Paul Mariner (the fishing charter next to me) are still in operation.  The Shoreline Restaurant is still serving great food as usual since that is owned separately.

As I mentioned, there is a potential buyer and I have talked w/ him a few times.  He does want to open the motel and work with the charter boats.  He's even mentioned giving some good discounts to my divers to help get the motel going this season Smile  We like the sound of that!

So if there was any doubt, be assured that Dive Diva Charters is in business and still docked at the Shoreline Marina!

I know from a business standpoint I should've made this post a long time ago.  But from a personal level, it's a difficult post to make.  It was a very long winter and spring as all of this panned out.  This would've been my eleventh season working for the Robinson's at the Shoreline, and I've been good friends w/ them for just as long.  Not to forget all of my long time coworkers.

So while this is not good news, we hope that there may be a buyer who is interested in the future of the motel.  Also, I should mention that Jim does still have his boat "The Shoreline" and is still running sightseeing cruises out of Sister bay, as he has for the last two years.

So if anyone was hesitant to book a charter because of any rumors going around, I hope this calms the fears.  The pool is open again this year!  I have looked into other nearby hotels and can refer you to them for lodging options, also.

If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them!

Kathy
divedivacharters.com

Dive Diva Charters, Door County WI