Remember me
Lost Password Register

Clay Banks project
06-18-2008, 06:10 PM,
Clay Banks project
Was just wondering if anything is happening with this project.  I ran across that project last year and haven't heard anything about it, and haven't seen any updates in the wuaa newsletter.  I have found some of the pier locations they mention in the project.  My dive buddy just purchased a 12' inflatable for his new sailboat, and were thinking about checking that area out.  We also have a portable compressor we could bring out with us.  That area gets pretty scary in close with a big boat, and if the piers were 1000' feet out, that is alot of swimming.  I live just west of Algoma and head up to door co. as much as I can get away.  Having something right in my backyard would be really cool.
06-18-2008, 07:48 PM,
Re: Clay Banks project
The best contact for the Clay Banks Project is WUAA President, Brendon Baillod.  I believe originally that Hank Whipple and Dick Boyd were coordinating the project, but I'm unsure who is leading it up this season, so it is best to contact Brendon.  His email address is brendon@ship-wreck.com

For those of you that are interesting in more information, here is WUAA's link to the Clay Banks Project: 
06-26-2008, 05:49 PM,
Re: Clay Banks project
I dropped Brendon an e-mail, but haven't heard anything.  Probably busy this time of year.  Will be diving that area in a couple of weeks if the conditions are good.  Ordering a new Dive Rite transpac this weekend, figured that would be a good place to test it and get familiar with it.

Chris