Remember me
Lost Password Register

Info. wanted on wrecks to snorkel in Door County
06-23-2008, 06:52 PM,
Re: Info. wanted on wrecks to snorkel in Door County
What wrecks do you recommend that are off Gills rock or near by? Scuba, only air.  Recommended dive center/location?

Hinzer
Bob
06-23-2008, 06:56 PM,

Contact Capt. Kathy a few posts back.  She'll take you where you want to be.
06-24-2008, 08:22 AM,
Remember that the lake side is not a bad place to snorkel either.  Off Cana Island a steamer Barteltime went down and there is alot of ship stuff in the water including a windlass and anchors.  It is in about 10 feet of water and the access isn't to bad.

Around the corner in moonlite bay there is 2 scooners too.  One for sure you can access from shore.  You may need to ask permission since most of that area is private.  Most of the land owners will gladly to help.

I have a boat out there and last weekend I had 62 at the surface.  We didn't get a chance to dive due to some t-storms.

GB Scuba shore diving book is great, If you get a moment, try the Chris Kohl books too.
06-28-2008, 08:16 AM,
On the Moonlight Bay wrecks, there's no diving allowed from the boat launch. Sad

Europe Lake is kind of fun and is only 10' deep.  The lake has lots of freshwater sponge covering the rock, and no zebra mussels yet, only some milfoil.  Do it as a first dive with a clean suit, and then go into the big lake or bay.
DEW >&ltWink)>