Remember me
Lost Password Register

Recent Weather
06-09-2008, 03:57 PM,
Recent Weather
In regard to the recent wild weather and serious flooding and tornadoes throughout the Wisconsin area....I hope everyone is safe and stay that way!  Let's keep diving and having a good, safe time! 
For those Public Safety Divers who have to go retrieve those lost to the storms and boating accidents, I hope that you will be safe and come home to your families always!

Peace!
I love to go down with other divers!
06-09-2008, 08:55 PM,
Re: Recent Weather
WOW, what incredible flooding issues going on including the draining of Lake Delton! :o Hope all is well with everyone, don't sound like we're out of the woods yet, though.
Life's Short, Dive Hard
06-10-2008, 09:34 AM,
Hoping everyone is safe.

One side-effect of all this nasty stuff: vis in Mendota went from 20 feet to total poo-dive overnight. *wwwwaaaaahhhh*
06-10-2008, 01:27 PM,
Ditto on the sentiment for the safety divers.  Stay safe.  I think of you all when I watch the news and see people swimming & wading through quickly moving water. 

As for vis, it sucks in my basement too.    ;D
"Grab shell, dude!"
06-10-2008, 05:40 PM,
Here's a chance to help clean up the lake, listen to Vicki McKenna weekdays starting at @3:00 for updates on this.

HELP LAKE DELTON!!!
Tuesday 06-10-2008 6:01pm CT
There is a CLEAN UP OF THE LAKE DELTON AREA planned for this Saturday (June 14th)!  Volunteers are needed and welcome!  If you can help, please come to the RHAPSODY RESORT WELCOME CENTER at 1010 Wisconsin Dells Parkway starting at 8:30am Saturday morning.  The clean up runs through 5pm.  Volunteers can pick up gloves, rakes, bags and other equipment there along with instructions on where to enter the lake area, and details on the clean-up.  Refreshments will be provided at Rhapsody Resort, the primary lakefront staging area on the lake.  Donations are coming in quickly from a number of area businesses.  They are planning a “thank you” party, after the work day. Shuttles to the effected shore line area will be offered.  Everyone volunteering will receive a wrist band to admit you to a thank you gathering later in the day.  Keep listening for more details and if you can volunteer your time and energy Saturday, please come to the WELCOME CENTER at 1010 Wisconsin Dells Parkway starting at 8:30am! 

Anyone who would like to make a cash donation can make it Payable to; Village of Lake Delton Lake RestorationP.O. Box 87Lake Delton, WI 53940 These funds will go towards those affected by the levy break and the Lake Restoration.

I am planning on being there with my family.
Life's Short, Dive Hard
06-11-2008, 10:02 AM,
I will be there as well, with as many volunteers as I can dig up.  I have forwarded the information to the HR department of the company I work for to see if there is anything they can do. 
06-11-2008, 01:36 PM,
I'm curious why people are volunteering to clean up peoples vacation homes, and other commercially owned property??? If anyone's free, my basement still needs work.
06-11-2008, 05:24 PM,
I get home monday if you still need help Matt.
06-11-2008, 05:56 PM,
Thanks for the offer. It should be all good by then.
06-11-2008, 07:32 PM,
Having walked the bottom, there are a lot of cans and bottles on the bottom.

For any going, that bottom is pretty mucky and sticky.  Prepare for mud everywhere.  Wetsuit boots may be useful.
DEW >&ltWink)>