Remember me
Lost Password Register

Pringle has been Dove
05-04-2008, 03:37 PM,
Pringle has been Dove
Hi Guys,

The Robert C Pringle has been dove !

The ship Pringle thought to be lost off Manitowoc WI was dove on this weekend
after laying untouched on the bottom of Lake Michigan since its loss in 1922. The
Pringle once a proud Lake passenger steamer was located by commercial fisherman
a number of years ago after getting there nets caught on her. Working with Steve
Radovan & Brendon Baillod we relocated her in nearly 300ffw off Sheboygan WI.

Over the past two days Divers Tracy X from IL & John Scoles from Minnesota
completed two very successful dives on her that included getting some Great film
for Steve Radovan's future presentations. Tracy diving OC and John on his Inspirations
CCR had run times of aprox 90 minutes in extremely cold water that was 39f top to
bottom and also very rough on one of the days made flawless dives.

The Pringle is a time capsule to dive on with her intact wooden curved Pilot House,
Ships Wheel, Binicle, & Bell. She is nearly 100 % intact sitting up right on the Lake
bottom. A large spotlight is located on the roof of the pilot house as well.

This wreck will be a Great dive in the future for all the Tri-mix divers around this
area of the Great Lakes.

A big thanks to Steve Radovan & Brendon for giving us the opportunity to dive this
Great shipwreck right here in our backyard ! Also a big thanks to Tracy & John for
helping on this project both now & in the future.

Below are some details of this vessel and a couple pics of her how she was in her
hay day loaded with passangers and now as an extremely large Tug as she rests on
the bottom of Lake Michigan.
ROBERT C. PRINGLE
Other names : built as passenger str CHEQUAMEGON, renamed PERE MARQUETTE 7 in 1910, last name in 1911
Official no. : 127764
Type at loss : propeller steam tug, wood
Build info : 1903, Manitowoc, WI
Specs : 101x22x10, 143g 114n
Date of loss : 1922, Jul 19 [Jun 19 also given]
Place of loss : off Manitowoc, WI
Lake : Michigan
Type of loss : Foundered.

Thanks to ALL !

Bill

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   0030363_004_M_CHEQUAMEGON.jpg (Size: 35.97 KB / Downloads: 140)
.jpg   0030363_022_M_CHEQUAMEGON.jpg (Size: 32.31 KB / Downloads: 138)
05-04-2008, 06:57 PM,
Re: Pringle has been Dove
Congratulations to all!
05-04-2008, 09:53 PM,
Fantastic!!!
Congratulations to all involved......

Bill..any chance you took some side scan images to share????

Deano
05-05-2008, 04:14 AM,
Dean

I hope to get better side scan images in the next few weeks and i will share them. Harry took some a number of years ago but they
were from a long range so the res was low but it all helps.

Bill
05-05-2008, 09:54 AM,
Cool i look forward to seeing them...i want to see if you can still make out any of the cargo of potato chips Wink
05-05-2008, 09:58 AM,
Congratulations to all involved!!!  Great to see more wrecks in the area being discovered.  Looking forward to scans and pics.  Thanks Bill.
05-05-2008, 05:19 PM,
Hi Guys

Thanks a Lot !!

I hope everyone who wishes to make this Great Dive gets the oppertunity to do so in the future.

She really is one of the most intact wrecks that i have personaly ever had the opertunity to
see either on film or in person. I regret not being able to see her on the bottom myself over
the weekend but my job was up top and i will before the summer is out i am certain.

In the future this will become a charter destanation but for now we need to get the
filming done so Steve can accomplish what he wants and present this at Ghost Ships
next spring if all goes well.

Thanks Again

Bill