Remember me
Lost Password Register

Viking Bayonet Dry Gloves
04-28-2008, 05:35 PM,
Re: Viking Bayonet Dry Gloves

No, they're black rubber and feel similar to the Viking-brand gloves, with a rolled lip at the cuff.  They're a little less heavy duty than the Viking ones, but still seem to last quite for a few dives.  They come individually wrapped and I think they cost $4 or so.
04-28-2008, 05:37 PM,
Hmm, I'll have to look again.  Didn't see what you're talking about.  What kind of liner do you prefer?
04-28-2008, 05:44 PM,

They're seriously between horse stuff and hydraulics - maybe it's alphabetical but I don't know what the H would be for then...

I have two kinds of liners I use - the same fleece gloves I usually use all winter (for moderate temperatures) and some thinsulate gloves I picked up at a spring sale (for colder temperatures).  Unfortunately the thinsulate ones are slightly too big for the dry gloves, so it's a bit of an ordeal getting them on, especially if I'm hot and sweaty, so I'll usually only use them for longer exposures.  The Fleet Farm gloves have only been stocked in medium lately - in the past I've managed to get some larges which would've fit the thicker liners better, but I haven't seen them for a few years.

04-28-2008, 05:47 PM,
Thanks again.  I'll check whenever I get in there.  If I ever see the large, I'll post.
04-29-2008, 07:03 AM,
Bill posted this link a while back. The light colored gloves are kind of scary looking, but you can get black.
04-29-2008, 01:03 PM,

Ethan-  I have had particularly bad luck finding these specific gloves any longer in the agricultural section (that you were speaking of) at Fleet Farm.  You will have better luck looking in the hunting/fishing section next to the wild game traps.  They are now stocking a similar glove though again only in Medium. 

I cringe thinking that the intended use is for skinning trapped animals. :-\  yuck.
04-29-2008, 06:52 PM,

I cringe thinking that the intended use is for skinning trapped animals. :-\  yuck.
[/quote]
We usually do it bare handed  ;D. You can cringe about that, and now the gloves don't seem so bad do they?  Wink