Remember me
Lost Password Register

Bottom timers?
04-27-2008, 06:37 AM,
Bottom timers?
  Going for the advanced nitrox an deco this year!  I am needing a bottom timer.  I use my Cobra now an it is able to be used in the gauge mode.  Now I need a bottom timer that wont break the bank!  Any suggestions?
Jeff
04-27-2008, 08:05 AM,
Re: Bottom timers?
Use your computer in gauge mode and buy a Timex Iron Man watch to use for stops.  This is an older model, but you can find  them at Target for about $35.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   Iron Man Watch.jpg (Size: 197 KB / Downloads: 161)
04-27-2008, 09:51 AM,
Re: Bottom timers?
I recommend the Uwatec BT's for a inexpensive depth/time gauge.  If all you need is a timer, get the Iron Man.

Just for laughs I bought a cheap Walmart watch ($7) that had a timer button on it and was "water resistant".  It looked and functioned similar to my Iron Man so I thought I would see how it help up under pressure.  It has been to 240+ and still works.  I never relied on the cheapo but it was interesting to see how it held up. >Big Grin 

The best feature of the Iron Man watch is the ability to reset the timer for each stop with large easy to push buttons on the face.  If your computer or BT do not have this, think about using a watch for timing.  Regardless, you should have at least 2 sources for depth and time.  I use a Tec2G for primary in gauge mode and a simple Uwatec BT for backup.  I don't use a watch anymore because the Tec2G has a resettable timer.