Remember me
Lost Password Register

Current Madison Lake conditions
04-17-2008, 08:00 AM,
Current Madison Lake conditions
The madison lakes must be turning over currently.  Yesterday was like diving in gravy without the flavor!  It was so bad, it was difficult to read my computer or compass.  The beam from my light maybe reached a foot. :'(
Life's Short, Dive Hard
04-17-2008, 09:22 AM,
Re: Current Madison Lake conditions
You need a bigger light ;D
04-17-2008, 09:35 AM,
I just got out - Absolute crap!

Spent an  hour and a half at Marshall park on Saturday pulling junk out at the boat landing - did most of the dive with my eyes closed, the viz was so bad.  :Smile
Andrew Thompson<br />Diversions Scuba<br />VR Technology Limited<br />608.827.0354 (Diversions)<br />608.827.0551 (VR Technology LTD)
04-17-2008, 12:00 PM,
Hey good opportunity to work on your Braille Diving Specialty!  >Big Grin
04-17-2008, 01:58 PM,
I just might have to go diving in my aquarium again.  At least there I have awsome viz and the fish are friendly, just have to watch my fingers, toes and earlobes!  ;D
Life's Short, Dive Hard
04-17-2008, 03:53 PM,
I don't know...if the viz is bad, just get close to what you want to look at.
04-24-2008, 12:55 PM,
Well kids,

The dive season for me officially started as of yesterday...

A friend and I took a dip in lake Monona, and although the conditions were not optimal, it still felt good to get into the water.

Temps were about 45 degrees, vis was about 6 feet. That vis is a heck of a lot better than it was last week!

Good news is that the new drysuit works well. The bad news is now I have to get all my tanks inspected for the season.  Tongue
04-26-2008, 08:00 PM,
should have came into the shop when we had a special!  ;D
Andrew Thompson<br />Diversions Scuba<br />VR Technology Limited<br />608.827.0354 (Diversions)<br />608.827.0551 (VR Technology LTD)
04-28-2008, 08:01 PM,
Everything looked great last Wednesday when I rode around the lakes, but by time I got to dive, yesterday, vis had dropped quite a bit.  :'(

I hit Monona first to do a little spearing. I shot one carp, but it had to almost bump into me for me to see it- vis was around 3'.

After that I picked up and moved over to Mendota. Vis was better there, about 6', but no where near the 15' it had been earlier in the week- and very little in the way of (legal) fish to shoot.

Water was 45F everywhere. Things should clean up in the next week or so. The cold snap should extend the diving season a bit longer than normal- meaning we might actually be able to see something by the start of July.

Jon
05-06-2008, 07:22 AM,
Anyone diving Madison lakes recently? 

And what are the details for Take A Stake in the Lakes on Saturday (5/10)?