Remember me
Lost Password Register

Freediving Wetsuits (didn't want to add to current buddylist topic)
12-04-2003, 11:10 AM,
Freediving Wetsuits (didn't want to add to current buddylist topic)
hurts so good.. I'm with you on that.. I do like my fdiving suit that I don't have to lube up.. but it's only a 3mm so doesn't work to well when the water starts hitting the 50's. My 5mil you have to lube up as it is unlined on the inside.. I use 1 part cream rinse to about 7-10 parts water (hot water nowadays).. any stronger mix and it seems to slip and slide more than I like. The 5 mil does work under the ice and the cold water for fdiving, but when I've used it for scuba I do notice the compression factor at depth which doesn't affect the fdiving.
My brother just ordered a fdiving suit with a new black slick lining, supposedly don't need any lube to don it. Looking forward to seeing that one.
Chris H.. you got to show up at the Freedive Apalooza next summer.. maybe there'll be fdive suit there that would fit ya to try. They are so mmm mmmm good comfortable! And love that neoprene smell :Smile
Fred
12-04-2003, 11:49 AM,
Re:Freediving Wetsuits (didn't want to add to current buddylist topic)
I was thinking about that black lining for my next suit, I will be looking forward to hear how your brother's suit works.

I am going to hold off on getting a new one for a little while since the dollar is so low compared to the Euro- why can't any us makers make a suit that good? Iugess even with the strong Euro the suit would still be a lot cheaper than the US suits, but I still want to get the kind of deal on mine that you got on yours. Wink

How has your slick outer lining held up on your suit? My outers all all nylon lined and I have yet to make the jump to a smooth skin outer suit.

BTW: with my 6.5mm suit I can go down 60' and sitll be dry onhte inside of the suit since it selas so well. I actually have to put water down the suit, to prevent a squeeze, before I dive deep.

jon
12-04-2003, 07:08 PM,
I am looking forward to the Freedive Apalooza. I would really like to get out and try it with some experienced people and also check out some of the gear. Sounds like fun and a great way to spend some quality time in the water. I was looking at Gerts suit a while ago, he said it might fit me, hmmmmm.....

Todd
12-04-2003, 07:34 PM,
I have ac couple fo extra suits and Fred has something like 4 or 5. 8)

I just got emails from one of the Canadian freediving clubs that are coming down for it and I imagine that they will have extra gear along as well.

I have some guys from the west coast, and down south, who are trying to arrange it so they can make it. If they show up I know we will have enough gear.

Also, OMER and Specialfins have agreed to help sponser it so we should plenty of fins and masks to go around- not to mention monofins and other goodies. ;D

jon
12-07-2003, 06:19 PM,
Fred,
A couple of questions about your brother's new suit:

1- Did he get the Yamomota 45, Yamomoto 46, or Heiwa neoprene?

2- Did he get high, medium, or low density rubber?

3- Did he go for a 3mm, 5mm, or 7mm suit?

4- Did he go for smooth, lycra, or nylon on the outside of his suit?

The company has SOOOOOO many choices it's somewhat mind boggeling- in a good way. Wink

jon
12-07-2003, 06:53 PM,
Jon,
I believe Heiwa, medium density (that's what I told him to make reference to), 5 mil jacket and pants, (I had suggested 5mil jacket and 3 mil pants), smooth (closed cell )skin outside. He should have it tomorrow or tuesday, had been shipped last week.
(got the extra wazee pics just now, thanks.. I'll use several on the site)
Fred
12-07-2003, 07:45 PM,
Sounds like the same kind of suit that I'm interested in. What did that run him with the dollar being so weak right now?

Jon