Remember me
Lost Password Register

Door County Shipwreck Diving - Dive Diva Charters '08
04-09-2008, 07:55 PM,
Door County Shipwreck Diving - Dive Diva Charters '08
Hello Divers!

Well, we’re starting to see some blue on the bay, so I guess that’s proof that spring will come Smile

So it's time to get ready for another season, and I can't wait!  Ghost Ships was a huge success and I'm happy to say that I was able to attend it personally for once.  It was nice seeing many of my online buddies offline!

Reservations are coming in nicely.  There are still some good weekends available if you’re looking at coming up and of course weekdays, too.  A few groups narrowed down dates while at Ghost Ships, and I’ve been keeping those dates open so far, but the schedule is filling in.  So if you have any specific dates in mind, try to get in touch with me soon.  As the calendar fills in it’ll be more difficult to hold onto those dates.

There are a couple of questions that I am often asked, so maybe I need to get the info out there.  The first is whether I have a schedule.  I am available mid May through October, seven days a week.  So that’s my schedule, I’m ready to go anytime Smile

Divers often ask about “open” charters.  I don’t schedule open charters, but do run them whenever we get enough people to meet the charter fee.  If someone calls interested in specific dates, I take their info and compile a list.  I actually was surprised by home many trips I got out that way.  So if you have dates you’ll be in the area but don’t have enough people to fill the boat, give me a call.  I might be able to make it work.

Finally, the question I am asked most often… How did last season go?  It was fantastic!  Weekends were full June, July, and August.  I also had many weekday bookings and lots of open charters.  I hope to follow it up with a great 2008 dive season!  To all of you who cheered me on last year… Thank you!

It’s time to start thinking spring even if it doesn’t quite feel like it!  Maybe the power of positive thinking will kick old man winter’s butt Smile  If anyone is looking to plan their summer trip, I’d love to have you up here!

Kathy
Dive Diva Charters
920-495-1496
Dive Diva Charters, Door County WI
04-23-2008, 08:25 PM,
Re: Door County Shipwreck Diving - Dive Diva Charters '08
Hey Divers,
Just wondering if anyone from Waukesha County Divers Association is out there.  If so, can you let Blake know that I've been trying to keep the dates she was looking at open, but it's getting difficult.  July is almost full, so if the club is still thinking of coming up we might want to get those dates reserved.  Or if someone wants to private message me Blake's number, I can give her a call myself.  Thanks!

Kathy
06-24-2008, 09:41 AM,
Re: Door County Shipwreck Diving - Dive Diva Charters '08
Hello Divers!

Just wanted to let everyone know what a great weekend of diving we had last week!  While some showers did come through on Saturday, the Chicago Meet-up Group had nearly flat calm conditions both days!  One of the divers couldn't believe it, he definitely recognized how Door County is uniquely blessed with natural beauty!

Temps were right around 45 degrees and vis averaged at 50 feet.  We went to the rediscovered Roen Tug on Saturday and they loved it!  Even though it's on the small side (35 ft. approx)  there was enough to see that they said they would definitely dive it again.  Sitting in 100 ft of water, it still has it's wooden spoke ships wheel, the engine cover is off to the side so you can look right in at the engine, the prop is still in place, and the tires are hanging from the rail.  They were all very enthused after the dive!

This coming weekend we're taking out the Underwater Archaeological Society of Chicago.  Joan Forsberg and Chris Kohl are leading the trip.  They do have a second boat reserved that still has space on it.  So if you'd like to dive with Chris and Joan, get in touch with me and I'll save you a spot!

It's great to finally feel summer upon us!  If anyone is interested in diving up here, feel free to contact me!

Happy Diving,
Kathy