Remember me
Lost Password Register

Hydrogen Sulfide layers in water
03-18-2008, 02:11 PM,
Re: Hydrogen Sulfide layers in water
The effects for me only lasted a couple of hours after the dives- headache and dizziness- but this was after nearly 2 weeks of daily exposure that I began to develop these symptoms. The skin thing was no more than a sunburn or chemical peel would be, but made my skin very sensitive. 

I'm not saying don't dive at Fortune Pond or Devil's Lake- I dive there.  I also have no idea about the concentrations in the water at these places either.  I'm just saying be aware of what you are getting yourself into.  Nothing is ever mentioned about H2S in basic scuba, or tech classes or even in cave diver courses.  I think that all that I ever heard was a VERY breif mention in my Introductory Cave course- don't dwell in an H2S layer because it will eat your gear and you'll smell bad when you get out.... 

I couldn't believe that my gear looked so bad after so little exposure, but I guess that it has everything to do with the concentration.  I'll try to post pictures a little later.  BTW, no, I didn't get my reg. replaced- but I didn't ask either because I wanted to be invited back on other projects- didn't want to rock the boat....  Chrome is pretty superficial anyway.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Hydrogen Sulfide layers in water - by imike24 - 03-24-2009, 02:49 AM
Re: Hydrogen Sulfide layers in water - by matt t. - 03-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Re: Hydrogen Sulfide layers in water - by Tamara Thomsen - 03-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Re: Hydrogen Sulfide layers in water - by Chris H - 03-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Re: Hydrogen Sulfide layers in water - by LKunze - 03-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Re: Hydrogen Sulfide layers in water - by Maka - 03-19-2008, 07:02 AM
Re: Hydrogen Sulfide layers in water - by Chris H - 03-20-2008, 09:33 AM