Remember me
Lost Password Register

Underwater Connection at the Fortune Pond
03-17-2008, 03:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-28-2008, 08:08 AM by sum-yung guy.)
Underwater Connection at the Fortune Pond
FORTUNE POND JUNE 13-15, 2008
Do you want to experience the clarity of the Caribbean, the wall diving of Lake Wazee, and the exclusiveness of your own backyard pond? If so, then Fortune Pond sounds like the place for you! Located in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, the Frotune Pond has something for everyone. With visibility of 80-100 feet year round, no park fees, and only a 15 minute drive from local motels, what more could you ask for? Did I also mention that is is just as deep as Wazee? There is no cost for this trip, other than motel accommodations, and any rental gear needed. I plan on doing a lot of classes as well on the trip. We are for sure going to do a Deep Diver Class during the trip. If you are interested in the class, let me know ASAP so I can get you your books. I also have information on local camping sites with all of the hook-ups needed for RV's. For more information and to sign up give me a call in Hales Corners.

Thanks Much and Dive Safe,<br /><br />Mike Bernard<br />Mobile Divers LLC<br />(715) 482-8919<br />www.mobilediversllc.com<br /><br />
03-31-2008, 09:09 AM,
Re: Underwater Connection at the Fortune Pond
Here is the info on the state park for camping just five miles down the road from the dive site. I have also made arrangements with Timer Bay Sport and Dive to fill tanks after diving on Friday Night and Saturday. I will gladly fill tanks for anyone who bring their own to the dive site to use. We will rent tanks for the weekend as well, just let us know ahead of time.

Thanks Much and Dive Safe,<br /><br />Mike Bernard<br />Mobile Divers LLC<br />(715) 482-8919<br />www.mobilediversllc.com<br /><br />
03-31-2008, 02:06 PM,
hey mike-
who is instructing on this trip?

also..timber bay..is that the shop you were originally from?..i forget his name..but the owner is a local cop and his wife owns the uniform shop next door????..stopped in there once...nice folks..
Denao
03-31-2008, 03:22 PM,
Hi Denao,

There will be a couple of us teaching depending upon the variety of students that we have, so far it is me, a couple of our divemasters, Colin might go, Mike Haynes, and a couple of others, got see with scheduling...

Good old Timber Bay, yes that is where I was intoduced to the diving industry, and am originally from that area. I worked there for 5 years for Bill and Linda, some of the best diving I have done. They own both Timber Bay and Uniform Outfitters, let me tell you, that is fun running back and forth between two shops during the summer. Bill acctually was just made the head of the Onieda County Dive Team, they just formed it, off to a good start.
03-31-2008, 05:46 PM,
Cool..sounds like a good time.

I know you dont know me as i missed you there by about a year( uwc)..i did all of my training with uwc...mostly with Mike..some with Colin.  I of course know most everyone there..John, Mike, Colin, John, John, John, Jeremy, Kira, Jean, and most of the divers in the area...Mike and I are good friends..and I ran WreckXpress Charters before i moved back here( Duluth-Home for me)So...im not just some dummy making comments...well...i still am....but i know most of the people you work with ;D

I will check out the dates for this trip..i wouldnt mind running down with some guys...i will check with mike to see if he will be there..and i will also look into our schedule up here...maybe we could run the boat over to copper harbor and dive the Mequite and Langam around the same time...could be fun...

I look forward to meeting you some day...i would imagine this summer some time..i plan to run a group of divers from up here down there to dive...The Milwaukee, Willie,  and possbily a trip or two to the EMBA and St. Albans..

Deano
04-01-2008, 07:56 PM,
Sounds like a plan, I know that if Mike is going to go, we might dip down and do some real diving.....

Looking forward to meeting you as well, stop by Hales Corners and say hi sometime this summer...
06-01-2008, 06:17 PM,
Hello Everyone,

We have a couple of spots still open on our Fortune Pond trip. We have also recently found a place to stay for the weekend, for not a lot of money. We will be staying at a ski lodge at Ski Brule about 15-20 minutes away from the pond. We are only charging $65 for the ENTIRE weekend! I have also arranged for tank fills each night  so that we will have fresh tanks each day. Nitrox will also be available. Let me know ASAP if you are interested in the trip and if you want a spot in the ski lodge, Limited Spacing Left.
06-03-2008, 12:27 PM,
i am almost 100% certain i'm in for this trip, and the hotel.  how many spots do you have left?
&quot;it's ok to eat fish because they don't have feelings&quot;<br />-Kurt Cobain