Remember me
Lost Password Register

Excellent Service, Quality of Product, and Professionalism
02-17-2008, 09:05 PM,
Excellent Service, Quality of Product, and Professionalism
I had the privilege of testing the Ouroboros CCR unit this weekend with Todd and two other friends at Shipwreck Adventures in Two Rivers with Greg Such. I set up the times with Greg a couple of weeks before, and was expecting a very lax environment among friends in the classroom and pool. I was pleasantly surprised! Greg not only had a Power Point presentation put together specifically for our pool experience, but took his unit completely apart and showed us all of the internal workings of the unit itself. We learned how to prep the unit, actually took part in pre dive operations, and were asked interactive questions during the Power Point to keep us involved and on our toes. After a very informative briefing we had a break for lunch and hit the pool.

At the pool we where allowed to bring some open circuit equipment for taking photos and getting a chance to see everyone on the unit. We all cycled through on the unit, each getting a minimum of 20 MINUTES on the unit! We were also shown a bail out skill during the pool time which was very cool and made us feel comfortable if we had any kind of problem on the unit. We where able to play with our buoyancy, loop volumes, computer with the HUD, bail out bottle, and much more. 

Overall I give Greg at Shipwreck Adventures a 10 out of 10 for my rebreather experience. He was very professional, it was reasonably priced, and he kept it very hands on and interactive. My impression of the Ouroboros was VERY Impressed, from the stainless piping to the vibrating HUD and the buddy PPO2 check with the lights. The unit is very impressive in and out of the water in comparison to some of the other units that I have tried. I would highly recommend giving Greg a call to see if you can try out this very innovative unit.

You can find all of Greg’s info at
and all the info for the Ouroboros and Sentinal CCR rebreathers and

Thanks Again Greg

Can’t wait to see the Sentinal!

Thanks Much and Dive Safe,<br /><br />Mike Bernard<br />Mobile Divers LLC<br />(715) 482-8919<br />www.mobilediversllc.com<br /><br />
02-17-2008, 09:23 PM,
Re: Excellent Service, Quality of Product, and Professionalism
The Boris is a sweet piece of kit for sure and it was nice to learn some basic skills on the unit before playing around.  Nice job Greg.  Looking forward to getting my Sentinel and the class but not the wait...
02-18-2008, 07:07 PM,
I went through a couple of tryouts and could try five different CCR units. With many of them i have tried; I was not impressed what concepts used; or the safety was not up to expectations.
Needless to say I was impressed with the Boris from the beginning and still today. Therefore congrats for the decision to go with the Sentinel.  I would go with the Sentinel today too.

Regards  Andreas
02-18-2008, 07:22 PM,

Thanks Andreas and I agree with you on the quality from CCRB.  That is the biggest reason I went with the Sentinel.  The Boris was a bit out of my price range and probably more unit than I really needed.  But the Sentinel fit the bill quite nicely and price was very competitive to other eCCR's.  The mandatory predive checklist along with an eCCR that you can fly manually with an autosetpoint in the background doesn't hurt either.