Remember me
Lost Password Register

Losers..I mean, my friends, from Merrill
02-17-2008, 07:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-17-2008, 10:23 AM by Chris H.)
I went to high school in Merrill graduated in 85.  Parents still live there and visit on occaison.  Not a whole lot of good diving to be had in the area that I am aware of.  There are some quarries between Wausau and Merrill that I had hoped to dive someday just for giggles but it looks like quarry operations have resumed.  Hopefully they make em bigger and deeper and leave at least one crane in there like they did at Red Granite.... ;D

Sorry for the off topic.  Definitely get big pockets and stay away from the 5th D ones, they suck.
02-17-2008, 09:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-17-2008, 10:22 AM by Chris H.)
Go Bluejays

Doug (Merrill '76)
02-17-2008, 09:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-17-2008, 10:22 AM by Chris H.)
The OP hasn't been back in a few days and the topic has "evolved". Go Merrill, WLHS '86  ;D.
02-17-2008, 10:26 AM,
Re: Losers..I mean, my friends, from Merrill
;D  I'm just messin' with you guys
02-17-2008, 11:57 AM,

I should take you the the Merrill Ice Drags sometime. 

I like rule number nine-----9. Modified tire vehicles warming up on jack stands should be facing the snow bank in forward gear with the driver in the driver's seat. ;D

Its a hoot considering they run full modified alcohol supercharged cars on an 1/8 mile ICE track. :o

02-17-2008, 02:55 PM,
Losers, so thats how it is going to be.

Doug
02-17-2008, 03:30 PM,

I like rule number nine-----9. Modified tire vehicles warming up on jack stands should be facing the snow bank in forward gear with the driver in the driver's seat. ;D

Its a hoot considering they run full modified alcohol supercharged cars on an 1/8 mile ICE track. :o

[/quote]
You know I'm a hillrod at heart.  I would go to that anytime!
02-17-2008, 05:13 PM,
If your creative there is a ton of great diving in the area!!!!!  [img][/img]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   P6090009.jpg (Size: 28.89 KB / Downloads: 194)
02-17-2008, 05:35 PM,

Well, I don't specifically go up there to dive only to visit the 'rents but if I were to bring dive gear where would you recommend to go?  I'm gonna be needing a shitpot of shallow time on my new rebreather so I would be up for something creative this spring.  Fess up man!! ;D
02-17-2008, 05:43 PM,

[/quote]
You know I'm a hillrod at heart.  I would go to that anytime!
[/quote]

I'll have to put that on the list of things to do next winter I think it is pretty much done for this year.