Remember me
Lost Password Register

Fort Lauderdale/West Palm Beach
02-13-2008, 09:03 PM,
Fort Lauderdale/West Palm Beach
Any advice on operators in West Palm/Fort Lauderdale?  Looking to get 4+ dives a day on smaller 6-pack.  Anybody had any experience down in that area?  Also posting this on Scubaboard, but I'm hoping the WI buddies will chime in.

02-14-2008, 11:29 AM,
Re: Fort Lauderdale/West Palm Beach
I had a great time diving with Jim Abernathy out of West Palm Beach.  I don't think they offer 6-packs though. Most of the dive boats in that region were bigger. 
--Jason
02-19-2008, 07:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-19-2008, 07:39 PM by moneysavr.)
West Palm beach would be your best reef action on a drift style dive,
Not kicking FLL but more patch style reef's and more great deep wrecks to dive.

Boynton Beach south Palm beach county is a berg not many places to stay but the

is neat and clean,
The town of Boynton Beach boasts a great marina and several dive boats I dive often,
if you like a six pac see my pal Kevin at under water explorers,

or a larger fast boat tons of room-fast neat -and the owner is great is Splashdown  divers and they have the dive shop next to boat=

most boats run two trips per day-the marina has two places to eat at or bring a lunch and relax on the boat between dives-
multi dives they will throw you on nitrox or get your cert on the trip as the reef runs in the 50-60'FSW range great for nitrox and you dont get cold or see sick on SI's
the best reef are off Boynton par none- as the Gulf stream comes in the closest to the USA  and Boyton has several wrecks to dive and they have the local jew fish   or Goliath Grouper and fun site to see and the reefs have a mix of the local Atlantic regulars to dive with and the reefs are in great shape!
I am down in March and cant wait to hit the warm waters,
Brad
02-20-2008, 07:30 PM,
Well,  If you ever need help or advice when your in the area; I live here now (Fort Lauderdale area).  Just drop me a line and I will see what I can do.  I have made good contacts for both recreational and techical diving.

Matt

mvanzeeland@yahoo.com