Remember me
Lost Password Register

Bahamas
02-19-2006, 05:29 PM,
Re: Bahamas
Here are some of the bars that Megan and others enjoyed after dinner.  The end of the world has dirt floors and underwear on the ceiling but has great conch fritters.  Especialy at 2:00 a.m.

The Compleat Angler is a main landmark and a great bar with authentic Bahamas music.  This is a landmark that all should have visited when they could.  The Compleat Angler burned down 24 hours after this picture was taken.

Bimini suffered the crash of the Chalk's plane, the oldest airline in the world.  The distruction of The Compleat Angler, which has existed since at least the 1930's and was a favorite hangout of Ernst Hemingway.  And Blackbeards will be coming less often due to the distance from Freeport.  This all happened in one month.  You got to feel for them.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   End of the World Saloon - 1 - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 33.74 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Compleat Angler - 3 - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 39.41 KB / Downloads: 0)
02-19-2006, 05:32 PM,
Leaving Bimini we had a great dive on the Bimini Barge.  No current and great visibility.  All you could want from a dive.

.jpg_thumb   Divers - 6 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 39.9 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Megan - 7 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 31.84 KB / Downloads: 0)
02-19-2006, 05:33 PM,
Finally the Famous Sapona.  Always great picture here.

.jpg_thumb   Atlantic Spadefish - 6 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 44.95 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Three-Rowed Sea Cucumber - 1 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 47.21 KB / Downloads: 0)
02-19-2006, 05:34 PM,
We sail back to Miami with Kat at the helm.

.jpg_thumb   Kat - 1 - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 27.21 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Kat - 3 - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 28 KB / Downloads: 0)
02-19-2006, 05:37 PM,
Here is the crew.  It was a great trip and everyone had fun.  Megan finaly got over boat diving and had her first real experience on a boat.  Sharks and lobsters, rum punch and beer, and good discussion.

Can not wait for next time.

Doug

.jpg_thumb   Sea Explorer Crew - 11 - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 34.85 KB / Downloads: 0)
02-19-2006, 09:04 PM,
Nice Doug!  Brings back fond memories of my Blackbeard's trip.  Great photos!
02-20-2006, 11:05 AM,
My photos aren't as nice as Doug's, but I'll try to get some posted as well.  Awesome trip and some neat, new experiences.  Remind me to talk about being propositioned by the prostitute at the Compleat Angler.

Andy
02-20-2006, 01:18 PM,
Male or Female prostitute Andy? >Big Grin  You weren't wearing leather were you? ;D

Sorry but you left yourself wide open on that one!!
02-20-2006, 08:31 PM,
It was hard to tell the male versus female part.

It was one amazing night.  The stories are still being told.  The crew that Megan was with crashed into some place with a pool and did a 1:00 a.m. swim.  Some gentlemen nearly rode off the dock in a wheelbarrel and were only stopped by the night watchman.

I am glad Megan is back at the University where they do not allow alcohol or parties and everyone must study a lot.

Doug