Remember me
Lost Password Register

Gilboa Quarry
01-12-2008, 10:05 AM,
Gilboa Quarry
Has anybody been to Gilboa Quarry near Findlay Ohio?  From the web site the owners have done a nice job setting up the area for divers. I only see two possible issues. The travel distance of ~6 hrs from Illinois / Wisconsin border, and if you stay over night the hotel / restaurant attractions may be limited.  I guess my question is it worth a weekend trip?
Bob
01-12-2008, 10:17 PM,
Re: Gilboa Quarry
Dove there a few years back and it was about 35' viz. they have lines that you can follow around from sunken item to sunken item. The fish are really friendly and will follow you around. take some fish food and they really go nuts. There are two sides, the deep side goes alittle over 100' and there was a semi. the shallower side has tons of stuff. It has nice tables to gear up but they are down a fair bunch of steps but very nicely set up with docks and walk down steps for entry.
01-12-2008, 10:26 PM,
Not trying to steer you away from here, but on Scubaboard it seems somebody is always talking about Gilboa.  You may find helpful additional information there.
01-13-2008, 06:38 AM,
What about being able to camp? I have a 23' trailer and would not mind sharing.
WORK IS FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T DIVE!
01-13-2008, 09:32 AM,
Camping is a good question.  I would need to call to find out. I would suspect since the quarry is in a rural area camping must be around.  I will post a note on what I find out after the call.
Bob
01-13-2008, 04:41 PM,
Gilboa is set up for camping and has very nice looking sites. Don't know anything about the price for camping.