Remember me
Lost Password Register

Monona Outlet
12-21-2007, 03:00 PM,
Monona Outlet
I plan on trying my new drysuit tomorrow at the outlet if anyone wants to join me.  May even try my luck fishing for a Tiger Muskie!  I plan to be there around 9:00am.
Life's Short, Dive Hard
12-21-2007, 06:28 PM,
Re: Monona Outlet
I can't make it tomorrow, but let us know the conditions.
Thanks,

Mike
12-23-2007, 08:07 PM,
Had bum luck with the dive.  Regulator wanted to freeflow.  After the second time I aborted trying.  I saw on my computer 35 degrees, pumps were not on, viz about 20' with plenty of open water.  Took my reg. to the shop and did a couple tweaks.  Hope to try again Wed. or Thursday.
Life's Short, Dive Hard
12-27-2007, 10:58 AM,
Tried to go yesterday, apparently with this warmer weather the pumps haven't been on.  It is currently frozen over. :'(
Life's Short, Dive Hard
12-27-2007, 11:22 AM,
I discovered that I had injured my right ear from Saturday's attempted dive.  While trying to pull my drysuit up over my head, my hand had slipped and the neck seal snapped against my ear.  I heard a fairly loud ringing in my ear for a few seconds or so and it cleared up.  I noticed the the last couple days certain frequency ranges sound like a ripped midrange speaker.  Back in my younger years I used to control sound and lighting for a large church and am picky about how things sound.  So right now things like my cell phone, AM talk radio and my daughter are right in that bad sweet spot and driving me nuts.  I'm going to the doctor next week to have it checked out or maybe it will clear up by then.  Will keep y'all posted.
Life's Short, Dive Hard
12-28-2007, 07:12 AM,
Will someone please post if/when it opens up again?
Thanks.

Mike
12-28-2007, 10:03 AM,
I plan to keep an eye on it.  Also want to check out diving the Yahara between Mendota and Monona on the Monona end.  According to the Four Lakes book, there's lot's of junk to be found, but a current to deal with.  Want to see how much open area there is, current and ease of access.  Will want to buddy with someone for this dive.  I'm going through withdrawals with not being able to dive until I know what's going on with my ear. :'(
Life's Short, Dive Hard
12-28-2007, 10:08 AM,
I checked back at MG&E the last two evenings and it was still frozen over with no flow.  I might have to resort to a Yahara River dive this weekend to keep my "every month" streak up.  A few years ago we did a winter drift dive of the entire length - from Tenny Park all the wall to Monona.  It was cold!  You'll "run aground" in a couple spots if you're not careful, but there's lots of shopping carts and wheels and cool junk to find...
12-28-2007, 01:43 PM,
Thanks for the update.

Mike
12-28-2007, 06:24 PM,
when do you plan on going?  May try to meet you there, although I won't be able to dive. 
Life's Short, Dive Hard