Remember me
Lost Password Register

Closed Circuit Rebreather Seminar & Demo Day!
12-19-2007, 07:48 PM,
Come join us as we explore the world of SILENT DIVING!

As the only Ambient Pressure Diving Closed Circuit Rebreather Dealer in the Metro-Milwaukee area, the Underwater Connection is hosting a Closed Circuit Rebreather Seminer & Demo Day in the pool!  We will start with an informative seminar by the renowned rebreather expert, Ron Benson.  Ron will be covering the pros & cons of a CCR, how they work, the different models out there, and of course try to answer any questions you may have!  Then we will take a dinner break, and head to the pool to dive with the Closed Circuit Rebreathers!

We plan on having  up to 6 closed circuit rebreathers available for this seminar including the Inspiration, Evolution, Megalodon, and KISS rebreathers!  This is a great opportunity to learn about this cutting-edge technology!

When:    January 12th
                Classroom: 11AM - 3PM
                Pool Dives: 5pm to 8pm

Where: Underwater Connection - Menomonee Falls
Cost: $60 per person

SPACE IS VERY, VERY LIMITED...call to reserve your spot today!!!!

Please bring your C-card (any level), mask, fins, swimsuit, & towel!

262-251-8283

Go Quietly amid the Noise and Haste...

12-28-2007, 01:11 PM,
Re: Closed Circuit Rebreather Seminar & Demo Day!
Good news!
The first of the Inspiration Closed Circuit Rebreathers has arrived!

Please feel free to stop by the Menomonee Falls store to check out this incredible rebreather!

And we still have a few spots left on our Closed Circuit Rebreather Demo Day, January 12th.  For only $60, you will have the opportunity to hear one of the nation's leading experts on rebreather discuss the pros & cons, the capabilities, and the different models of Closed Circuit Rebreathers!

And then we get to go dive several units in the pool!
I would not miss this incredible opportunity!!!!
Call to sign up today!

Underwater Connection
262-251-8283
01-13-2008, 08:54 AM,
Todd and I attended the rebreather demo day yesterday sponsored by UW Connection. The event was well attended and very informational. There was a 3.5 hour class room session on CCR's  in general with Ron Benson from GUDC with lots of time for questions and a close up look (and touch) of the 4 rebreathers present (Meg, Inspiration, Evolution, and KISS classic). The classroom was followed by a 1 hour pool demo of the units. Anyone interested in CCR's should make an attempt to attend one of these demo days. Personally I haven't decided yet if I'm going to go the CCR route, but it was nice to get the info and try 4 of the most popular units out there. Thanks, UW Connection!
01-13-2008, 12:39 PM,
Many thanks to Ron Benson from GUDC and the folks at UC for an excellent demo.  The information and time spent on familiarization of CCR's really showed the potential of these fascinating devices.  They might not be for every diver, but they are definitely not limited to technical diving.  These demonstrations are worth attending for those interested.

Well..I'm hooked....hello CCR ;D
01-13-2008, 07:30 PM,
This was a great seminar to attend and learn more about rebreathers and how they work.  Trying them in the pool was awesome! Big Grin I can definitely see that there would be a pretty good learning curve to get used to them, for example, going down wasn't just a matter of dumping gas from a BCD.  I had to think about how to get the gas out of the lungs in the rebreather and same on the way back up.  Breathing the rebreather seemed harder than breathing from a regular OC but maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it.

I can definitely see the advantage of rebreathers on trips around the Great Lakes and anywhere where gas is not easily accessible.