Remember me
Lost Password Register

Doug's Drysuit
11-04-2003, 02:56 PM,
Doug's Drysuit
Doug,
Keep us posted with the status of your suit. There are a lot of us diving the same suit and I am curious how the customer service will be.

For those of you who don't know, Doug has a Bare Tri-lam ATR HD that had a boot start to delaminate and split. It was returned for repair and I'm interested in the details and the turn around time. This is the reason that poor Doug is diving a wetsuit as mentioned in the Wazee thread.

I just bought the exact same suit and I am very happy with the performance of my suit, now that the hole is patched >Sad but so far the few times I have contacted Bare I have been less than satisfied with their ability to answer my questions.
11-04-2003, 06:24 PM,
Re:Doug's Drysuit
Chris,

They did a great job of replacing the boots and it was free of charge since it was a boot quality problem. This was easy to tell as the left boot was coming apart and the right looked like the day I got it. They replaced both boots. I checked my logbook and I had 150 dives on the suit when I sent it in. This was during the course of 21 months of ownership.

They pressure check the suit and did some repairs near the zipper. However, the zipper leaked when I got it back. Sent it back in, probably will have the zipper replaced.

I have no complaints about the service at this point. I really like the suit and can not complain. Could use 6-12 inches more of zipper. I am a big guy. Will tell you how it goes when I get it back and dive again. Because of travel, this will not happen until December.

Keep you posted.

Doug

11-06-2003, 03:22 PM,
I've been pretty impressed w/ Bare's service so far. When I had my suit on order, I was bugging them left and right about when it would be here - I'm kinda impatient, especially considering I was diving wet after having sold my other suit. They were always really patient and really helpful.

After I got the suit, I sent them a thank you letter via email saying I really liked the suit, thanks for putting up w/ me, etc...they sent me a Bare T-Shirt and hat as a thanks for the compliments. They've been pretty good to me so far!

I've always read similar sentiments on Scubaboard - everyone that has dealt w/ Bare service always seems to come away happy usually.
11-06-2003, 05:34 PM,
That is good to know. Maybe I caught them on bad days...twice.

I wanted information on what to use to patch the suit because it came with a friggin hole in it >Sadand they didn't know. The next time I called I wanted to make sure the glue I was planning on using to attach my bellows pocket was compatible with the suit and they couldn't tell me that either. The customer service rep acted like I was crazy to even attempt to attach a pocket on my own. Maybe those are trivial questions but I assumed they would be easily answered and they weren't.

I had very high expectations for this suit from reading other positive posts on this board and others like it. Now that the water has stopped coming in, no thanks to Bare, I am very pleased with the suit. The neoprene neck seal is wonderful! Anyway, if I wanted to patch a suit, and come up wet after a dive I would have kept my old one. Like I said earlier, great suit, bad experience.
11-07-2003, 01:40 PM,
Yikes!

That is not good news at all...
11-08-2003, 09:43 AM,
This says that you really have to work through Bob on these matters. Let him cut through the bull. As a large purchaser, he will get a level of expertize that we just will not reach in most companies.

Doug