Remember me
Lost Password Register

Opinions of Olympus PT-020 with CAMEDIA C-5060
10-31-2007, 03:33 PM,
Opinions of Olympus PT-020 with CAMEDIA C-5060
I really have no knowledge of photography, especially underwater photography, but my wife would like to get into it.  I found a great deal the u/w housing and wondered what you experts thought about the set before I started looking around for the camera.  Would she be happier with a Sea Life all-in-one?

Thanks for you input.
Mike
10-31-2007, 08:53 PM,
Re: Opinions of Olympus PT-020 with CAMEDIA C-5060
Here is some info on the camera:

Olypus is my favorite brand of cameras.  They have better zooms than other brands, take great pics and ussually get very good reviews.  I have an older C-740 camera that I really like, but the underwater case is to expensive in my opinion for my camera.  I was using my wife's Sony camera with a cheap UW case until I dropped the case by accident and cracked it.  Reading the info, it looks like a nice camera for UW with the wide angle feature.  The price seems too high for it's features, I think $4-500 dollar range is more reasonable.  Besure to get at least 512MB memory card.  It's very easy to fill a memory card underwater especially if you do some video with it.  I myself prefer video underwater and then edit the highlights and post on YouTube for the family around the country to enjoy.
As a sidebar here, I'm currently looking at a JVC camcorder that has it's monitor on the back of the unit.  It's the only one that has this feature and would be perfect for UW.  It's limitations is that there is no remote for it, doesn't seem to do stills and no UW case for it 'yet'.  But for $200, it's a good deal, looking into building a case for it.
Life's Short, Dive Hard