Remember me
Lost Password Register

Bad First Modeling Shoot
09-25-2007, 07:02 PM,
Bad First Modeling Shoot
Well, we tried!  My model got a late start as she had a suprize test.  Weather was supposed to be only 30% cloud cover and zip for waves.  Actual conditions were 100% overcast with 1-2' waves.  Water vis in Michigan was 1'.  I guess the storm earlier got things stirred up.  I found large rocks (1' dia) tossed up on the rock shelf that were from the bottom in 10-15' of water just a week before.  I guess a storm with 9' waves will do that at Cave Point. 

So much for UW video!

We shot along the rock shelf instead.  Then we headed up to the Fleetwing to shoot her snorkeling.  She absolutely froze in a 2-3mm jumpsuit!  Looks like the lake turned over.  I even started to shiver in my 5mm after 10 min of trying to get her warmed up.  The week before, I wanted to get out of my suit it was so hot.

But we did get some good dry shots.  And she's interested in getting certified.  So it wasn't all bad.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   IMG_1622a810sm.JPG (Size: 89.48 KB / Downloads: 240)
.jpg_thumb   IMG_1598b810sm.JPG_thumb (Size: 34.76 KB / Downloads: 1)
.jpg_thumb   IMG_1622a810sm.JPG_thumb (Size: 38.2 KB / Downloads: 0)
DEW >&ltWink)>
09-26-2007, 05:33 PM,
Re: Bad First Modeling Shoot
Let me get this right..........you got cold while trying to warm HER up?????????? :o

i am failing to see how this was possible ;D
09-26-2007, 07:18 PM,
Re: Bad First Modeling Shoot
Get your mind out of the gutter. ;D

To me, the water didn't seem that cold.  I had my bare head submerged doing some camera adjustments, no ice cream headaches or vertigo.  I got a temp report today of 49 degrees.  Definitely sounds like things overturned.  I got to get that buoy off quick!

Next time I'll have a jug of hot water along just in case.
DEW >&ltWink)>