Remember me
Lost Password Register

100'+
09-23-2007, 07:58 PM,
100'+
Today North of Port washington we had 100'+ Gin clear!
Did the Niagara with two pals, as we came up to the site we see Ralph From Divers Delight must of pulled the WHS mooring the night before on a charter night dive as I was on the beach and seen them on the way back to Port they must of had a heck of a night dive with the half moon.

As we came up to the site we could see the entire wreck in the main section, on  the bottom I could see the roller marks  on my hull from my trailer clearly !Horizontal vis was the real kicker I don't think it could be any less than a 90' I got a bit of vertigo as I pulled my second anchor and placed on top of the  walking beam steam engine ,toured the site with two newer divers as they dove wet and I dry only kept them down 15 min's to find out top side they would of done the swim out to her boilers with the line to the boilers missing since spring I oppted to send them up the line while I pulled up the anchors free of wreckage.
  Top side I got my gear off to help them board my boat and one dropped a item overboard  off the stern,the other diver still in the water offered to do the recovery as we could see it clearly from top side,this was done with out a hitch I gave them a quick tour of the Lake church Quarry Pier crib and a ride back to Port all in all what a great day!To Bad the Packers have to play so early!
Brad
Who else was out today and conditions?