Remember me
Lost Password Register

Maiden Lake (Lakewood, WI)
08-27-2007, 08:32 AM,
Maiden Lake (Lakewood, WI)
Went diving in Maiden Lake yesterday.  Maiden Lake is near Lakewood, WI on highway 32 north of Green Bay.  It was a lot clearer than I had expected, about 25 ft.  Water temp was 70 degrees until 18 feet, then it got colder.  Being a native Floridian I then chose to stay above 18 ft,  Smile Smile  I only have a 3mm wetsuit.  The other persn I was diving with, from Wisconsin dove Nekid (only swim trunks) without a wetsuit, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  He did get cold however after awhile.

There was boat, skier, inner tuber, and jet ski traffic, however they stayed clear of our flag and pontoon boat, except for one jet ski and he at least did not try and go between our flag and the pontoon boat.

Dove on fish cribs, stone beds, and the weeds looking for fish life.  Blue gills and Bass were basking in the over 18 ft water.    Played around with a couple of real curious bass.  There is a lot of interesting things to sea,  Big Grin  Only found one anchor and one bottle.    My wife wanted some rocks, now that was interesting bringing up rocks without a lift bag.    Got her 5 and said that was all  Big Grin

Got a few pictures, they are too large in size to post, guess I will have to reduce them.
08-27-2007, 11:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-27-2007, 11:49 AM by 427dave.)
Re: Maiden Lake (Lakewood, WI)
Here is an attempt at a few of the pictures.

Shot of the lake

Buddy holding video camera (note no wet suit, this is a Wisconsinite)

rocks with little fish

big rock, looked like a face (sorta)

Buddy sending video of old boat up to folks on Pontoon boat

Fish

Old boat

Bye

08-27-2007, 11:08 AM,
We had one of those fish finder video cameras and monitor.    My wife and a couple of others on the pontoon boat watched as we carried the camera around the bottom.    they said it was neat and sort of like being there.

08-27-2007, 05:05 PM,
Sounds like a good time.  I have to give this lake a try.  Keep the pictures coming.  Using the video camera sounds kind of neat also.  One way to have people topside enjoy the dive too.

Doug